Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas SafTLiner
Chassis: FE
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 60
Insuring in Michigan

I recently was inquiring to a handful of companies about insuring a school bus that we will be converting.
As you already know, many companies are willing to take your info, run it through the mill and see what comes out the other side.
Unfortunately, many of them also run credit reports at the same time, so in an effort to save you some hassle, I would like to report that I found only ONE place that was not only able to insure a school bus that is being converted, but was actually happy to do so. They said to me "school bus, yeah, that's no problem. We have several clients with them." And for another $75 per year, I purchased the towing coverage too, and it includes the bus. Up to 150 miles. Not too shabby.
Bye Insurance in Grand Ledge, MI has us on AAA, and they were not only able to do that, but we saved a bundle bringing them the rest of our insurance. Plus they were pretty nice to us.
I was with Allstate previously, and they didn't want to do it initially, but eventually said they could insure it for about $1500 every six months.

Well, the purchase of our bus didn't work out, we lost the Bird bid on eBay, but I am still looking for one we can afford. Unfortunately, or fortunately perhaps we purchased something else in the meantime, a Tacoma. Our blasted VW broke down (whats new) and left us with no vehicle, so then the bus funds have been diverted.

I had made a list of who could and couldn't, and for how much, and then lost it, but it wouldn't have been all that useful anyway as it depends upon your own numbers, as I understand it.

So, in short, AAA.

dentedvw is offline   Reply With Quote