Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2022, 04:51 AM   #1

Need to get rid of RV SSI

Ive been living in my RV for years now. Does anyone know how I could sell my RV I got a fair deal. Once I sell it will SSA say I have income or will I have anytime to look myself? I dont intend on keeping the money Im looking at spending it once I find an 4 wheel dr. Also living in it and the length in it lost value. 5 years ago it ran for 19000 which I told SSA. Now the best offer is 9000. They tried to get me to sell at 5000 on a trade.

Stephook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 12:38 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2010
Coachwork: IC
Engine: MF DT466
Rated Cap: 81
Whoaa,need to restructure what you typed so we understand what's going on. I have that Billy Madison scene going in my head.
Miles O Roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 04:50 AM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephook View Post
Ive been living in my RV for years now. Does anyone know how I could sell my RV I got a fair deal. Once I sell it will SSA say I have income or will I have anytime to look myself? I dont intend on keeping the money Im looking at spending it once I find an 4 wheel dr. Also living in it and the length in it lost value. 5 years ago it ran for 19000 which I told SSA. Now the best offer is 9000. They tried to get me to sell at 5000 on a trade.

From what I think you're asking, you can not have over $2,000 in cash. So if you put the $9,000 in the bank you would likely have an issue for that month. If you had bought another bus or something and took the $9,000 in cash and paid for that bus, I'm sure you'd have no issues since it's all cash and not going into your bank account anyway.
TucsonAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 01:48 PM   #4

are you talking SSI or SSDI? and is that the only asset? no other car or residence?
Börk Is My Copilot is offline   Reply With Quote