Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2018, 08:22 AM   #21
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdalfaro View Post
Do you write in TX?

Unfortunately no. For now I can only do buses in VA. Home/auto we can do VA, MD, NC, WV, OH, GA, AK, and auto only in FL. I believe we're still licensed in OH. But we only have a few companies outside of VA.

M.L. Sutphin Insurance Agency, Inc.
Make it simple - we insure it all!
15402663074 | 14344736244
sutphinins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:06 PM   #22

Why would you want to chance it? Is saving a few bucks really worth the chance of hurting someone and being sued? Being in debt for the rest of your life?
FaerieKnotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:05 PM   #23

I would worry about the liability if things went bad.

You could loose everything you own and what if someone was hurt, you would have no means of providing for them if you were at fault.

Personally I couldn't do it.
MCV1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:45 PM   #24

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: E350
Engine: Ford 7.3 liter Powerstroke Diesel
Rated Cap: IDK
<---100% Texan

The answer is ..."all of the above" are required.
By reading the section "b" part that says...

(B) is used only for exhibitions, club activities, parades, and other functions of public interest and not for regular transportation; and

I bolded that word "and" ...this links all three together. Gotta have the insurance. You need fed minimum liability insurance. You will get a cheaper rate on everything if you register it as an antique or classic vehicle.

Funny thing is...why was insurance not needed when we had Model A's & T's, Classic cars, etc. ? Same things happened then as they do now.

Maybe ask as well...why do we need to ask for permission (permit/driver's license) to drive or travel on the roads our money built? Aren't we all supposed to be free to travel within our country (USA) without hindrance? But I'll leave the rest to another forum where American History and natural rights are discussed.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #25
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Frieghtliner - 40ft overall
Engine: 210hp Mercedes Benz Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 person (originally)
Insurance for Skoolies

National General will write you a liability only policy with a few pics and an application, State Farm will go full policy with the same info. Being professinally built helps greatly. You must have all the standard RV componenets to qualify.

In VA if you are in the build stage and are traveling between your home and various Shops to build your rig, without tags and insurance, VA, via the DMV website, will grant you a 3 day license with uninsured motorist protection for like $50. I used it twice to drive from VA to CO. It was amazing.
05FrieghtlinerThomas is offline   Reply With Quote