Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2015, 02:30 PM   #41
Almost There

Oh and I have a b c dhjc

Short bus dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #42
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #43
Almost There

A b c d e f g h
Old 06-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #44
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short bus dweller View Post
Cool and I feel our pain
But what are all the other skoolies
Owners doing how are they getting coverage legal legitimate coverage so I don't need to fight the legal department if something was to happen
Who is writing Insurance for converted school bus nobody is seems to be the answer
If you wreck, you're going to fight the legal department regardless. The whole act of repurposing a school bus into an rv isn't mainstream, which is why it's unheard of by most agents and isn't offered by every carrier.

Call Poliseek AIS in California (866)-500-7335. They seem to handle all of the odd crap that nobody else knows about.
I did, and they told me there's only two companies that will insure a school bus. National General handles all converted busses and Progressive handles the ones in progress.

The cost is the cost, if you don't like it, get the capital together and start your own insurance company. With your spectacular attitude, I'm sure you'll do well with it.

Normally, I wouldn't even deal with someone making the asinine comments that you have. You insult us saying we don't know a f@cking thing, yet then you ask for our help? I'll also venture a guess here and say that after you're done, we'll never hear from you again. So I'll appease you and answer your question until that happens.
Booyah45828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:20 PM   #45
Almost There

Thank you I only did that to get some replies
Sorry
You don't get it I've put thousands of dollars into this to find out afterwards that nobody wants to insure converted school buses ive gone to nat General , I've been to Progressive numerous times are you all say nobody will touch a converted School bus
But other people are covered aren't they
So all I'm asking is who has you covered and I may go to them and ask
Old 06-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #46
Almost There

Thank you everybody for your input
Only wish it helped but you tried so thank you
Old 06-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #47
Bus Geek

Old 06-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #48
Almost There

Good nice reply I like
Lol I know you think I'm a bad man
Oh well life and some times I am but mostly I'm
Really a wonderful person
I more or less just through thousands of dollars down the drain so get a good laugh
And say he deserves it
Just money it's life that matters
Old 06-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #49
Almost There

Good bye hope to never see any of you
Old 06-15-2015, 03:57 PM   #50
Bus Geek

I think you have no sense of humor. In fact, that is obvious.
Life is painful if you don't have one of those.
Best of luck to you.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:00 PM   #51
Almost There

Thank you peace
Old 06-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #52
Bus Geek

Old 06-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #53
Almost There

That's funny
Old 06-15-2015, 04:10 PM   #54
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Old 06-15-2015, 05:16 PM   #55

Year: 1995
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short bus dweller View Post
Good bye hope to never see any of you
See ya later. You will be held to this comment.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:02 PM   #56
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
This thread should be locked. Its going nowhere fast, gotten off topic and question was answered.
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 03:13 AM   #57
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
Well...I just spent about a half an hour remembering the details of getting insurance and about another 45 minutes typing it all up here for you to read, when I accidently hit the magic button on my laptop (still don't know which one) and wipe it all out and even kicked me out of the site.

Not gonna type it up again, sorry, it really was a great riveting story but let me try to give you the readers digest version.

I spent many months here before I even got the bus, so I already knew the horror stories

At that point I had a couple of different ways to go with any conversation to an agent.

First scenario would be "play real dumb, tell them I was calling for any information about what I needed to do at a later date. Let them know that I was writing all this down and repeating it back to make sure I got it right. Dripping sweet, thanking the agent over and over again for all this fabulous information they were giving me all the while telling them how helpful they were and how easy it was going to be when time came for me to insure it.

or I could go scenario #2

Start out very defensive and argumentative and piss them off royally, hang up and do the same with the next company and on and on till I ran across someone who wouldn't give a sweet **** about my shitty attitude but give me a policy so they could make their quota.

I opted for scenario #1 and I guess because I wasn't calling for a policy she went above and beyond to find me the best deal she could and an hour later I was emailed a new policy & insurance card.

I called her by her name all the time, asked her personal questions while she was hunting and pecking looking for the right deal for me, found out she was pregnant & having a girl and on & on & on. I talked about where we were going to go once we got the bus converted and who we were going to see (trust me....it was an Oscar winning performance on my part)

Especially the parts where I would ask her to repeat almost everything so I could write it down so I wouldn't forget all the while thanking her profusely for all the great info she was giving me. Even going so far as repeating it back to make sure I wrote it down right (don't ask if I really took notes and I won't have to lie to you)

By the time I hung up I made her feel like she was my best friend. She volunteered a bunch of information about when to call back (I had to wait till such & such a date and not before) to get my policy reduced due to having 4 points on my driving record and what I needed to say when I called and on and on and on. She even told me how much it would go down from what she had just quoted me. She told me that she could get me so much off with a Good Sam Membership and that the money I would save was a lot less than what the Membership would cost me.

That was coming up on 3 years soon and I still have insurance.

The Company National General/Good Sam policy

Now she was with another Company but had access to a bunch of Companies systems and was able to find me the best deal.

I don't think I kept that Company name and phone #. I'll try to search tomorrow (it's suppose to be in the 90s again so too hot to be working on the bus) and see if I can find it again. I just did a search for insurance here and scrolled down & down & down till I came to the first thread that had a Company name & phone number and BINGO I won the jackpot. Now that was about 3 years ago so the chances of me finding it again is pretty slim but I'll give it the ol College try (maybe I'll luck out again)

BTW: Clint & I opted for scenario #1 when going to get titlechanged and tags for the old girl and it worked like a charm again.

There actually might be some truth about "catching more flies with honey"
The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:40 AM   #58
Bus Geek

Another thing with insurance and tags is TMI. As in don't give them TMI.
I did things pretty much like you Breeze.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:45 AM   #59
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
It reminds me of the calls I used to make to get information and the ladies on the other end of the line that would keep the conversation going. They'd ask where I was. I told them I was in central FL, and they asked if I had been to the mouse and how is the weather and traffic, if I go to the beach often. My wife wanted to know who I was talking to and why the long conversations. (just like the tv commercial about state farm). I laugh everytime I see it. I must have a good phone voice.
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:59 AM   #60

Year: 1995
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyBus View Post
It reminds me of the calls I used to make to get information and the ladies on the other end of the line that would keep the conversation going. They'd ask where I was. I told them I was in central FL, and they asked if I had been to the mouse and how is the weather and traffic, if I go to the beach often. My wife wanted to know who I was talking to and why the long conversations. (just like the tv commercial about state farm). I laugh everytime I see it. I must have a good phone voice.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote