Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2018, 04:29 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Nys Skoolie insurance

Hey guys it’s time to get this bus on the road but I’ve called progressive and Geico and they do not insure buses converted or not. I have a call into farmers waiting for a quote from them
Is there anywhere else that insures these things? I’ll call them and open a new policy if needed
Thanks

Dmaxx85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:18 AM   #2

Year: 2006
Engine: DT466 / Allison Trans
Rated Cap: 34
NYS insurance 2006 international Cummins/Allison 33ft

In the process of trying to get insurance to take delivery of my new bus. Im in rochester NY, and driving it home from Virginia. Any ideas on who will provide insurance in NYS?
Ant + Eros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Vista 3600
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 24000 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxx85 View Post
Hey guys it’s time to get this bus on the road but I’ve called progressive and Geico and they do not insure buses converted or not. I have a call into farmers waiting for a quote from them
Is there anywhere else that insures these things? I’ll call them and open a new policy if needed
Thanks
bollocks
We are insured with Gieco with our Vista

the key question is whether you are "converted" or not what is your TITLE DESIGNATION? has that been changed?

I went through Vermont... and so my title now says MH (motor home) and not BU for bus...

Gieco would not insure it as a bus... two months later after going through the Vermont process Gieco insured us just fine. Same bus, different title designation

so have you had your title modified (every state is different... Vermont is easiest and no fuss no need to be a resident. I live in NC by way of UK lol

easy peasy
RolesvilleMarina is offline   Reply With Quote