Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2020, 09:07 AM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
I believe you might find that while the DMV may not care about the Curbstoner's operating in you local town your state's Department of Revenue just might be very interested in talking to and meeting with your local Curbstoner's IF you were to give the Department of Revenue a call!

Remember the Department of Revenue wants THEIR MONEY and they do not like competition for THEIR MONEY!
Yeah be a snitch for the taxing entities who wouldn't mind taking everything from you and your family if they could.....

If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:24 AM   #22
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBaptist View Post
Yeah be a snitch for the taxing entities who wouldn't mind taking everything from you and your family if they could.....

Patrick are you forgetting your BAPTIST faith.

You also have legal licensed car dealers in the area who do it the right way with a business license, required liability insurance, required car lot, all the other expenses that go with operating a legal business and do pay proper taxes on the business they conduct in their local community.

What about their families and the the money taken from them by Curbstoner's illegally playing car dealer?

It works both ways!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:36 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
Patrick maybe you should follow your BAPTIST faith.

You also have legal licensed car dealers in the area who do it the right way and do pay proper taxes on the business they conduct in the local community.

What about their families and the the money taken from them by Curbstoner's illegally playing car dealer?
Never seen where my Baptist faith commands me to do as you suggest...
We also have legal licensed dealers that routinely take advantage of people with shady sales tactics....

"What about their families and the the money taken from them by Curbstoner's" Never known anyone that happened to personally. I'm sure I;ve bought one myself but it didn't matter, maybe it was a veh I bought to part out and I never titled it because the rest was going to the crusher...
I have to be a witness to something before it something I could even be involved with. It's not my job to make sure people are paying their taxes.

You do realize this isn't a forum you will get away with bashing someones faith in right? Try and be a little more respectful, atleast on here, you agreed to be in the terms you agreed to when you joined this site.
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:10 AM   #24
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: Caterpillar 3126B
Rated Cap: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlud1122 View Post
Midwest transit has actually been very helpful and informative but every bus I’ve wanted from them sells before I have the chance to drive an inspect it.
My suggestion for working with Midwest Sales is to make an appointment to sit down with one of their salespeople who is genuinely interested in helping you find the right bus, tell them what you are looking for and your budget and timeframe, and ask them to let you know when something that fits your criteria becomes available.

The reason the busses are sold before you get to the lot is because they have a list of buyers who are looking for specific busses and the good ones move while the not-so-good ones take up space on their lot. Also, given that these are used busses, there is plenty of room for negotiating on price. The listed price is not necessarily the lowest price they will take for a bus. Working with a salesman who already knows your limit might get you more bus than you expect for your dollars.

We took a day trip with a couple friends who were also bus shopping to their Missouri location and got a lot of great information by talking to one of their more experienced mechanics and with an office person both of whom gave us some insight into the business, which I'm sharing with you now.
CoffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying advice, buying our first bus, title transfer, titling