Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2021, 06:08 PM   #1

Registration in WI

Hey folks,

I am looking at a bus right now I'm hoping to pull the trigger on soon and was looking into registration rules in Wisconsin and figured I would just post it here in case anyone else goes looking.

From the WI DOT website:

"When a school bus is no longer operated as a school bus, certain equipment must be removed. The vehicle must not resemble a school bus once the conversion is complete, as outlined in Wis. Stat. 347.44(4)

To title and register the vehicle with auto, (regular) bus, heavy truck, light truck, motor home or special X license plates, submit the following items:
  • Completed and signed Wisconsin Title & License Plates form MV1 (make a copy for your records)
  • All applicable fees for title, registration, taxes, etc.
  • Check or money order made payable to: Registration Fee Trust
  • School Bus Conversion Record form MV2103
If you have converted the school bus to a motor home, in addition to sleeping and dining areas, the vehicle must have at least four of the following permanently installed life support systems as outlined in Wisconsin Trans 137.03(6) – Motor home definition/requirements:
  • A potable (drinkable) water supply including faucet and sink that is self-contained or connects to an external water supply
  • Ice box or refrigerator
  • Self-contained toilet
  • Cooking facilities
  • 100-125 volt electric power source and/or LP gas
  • Heating and/or air conditioning"

source: https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/v...onversion.aspx

Stein is offline   Reply With Quote