Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Registration/Insurance in CA

Hi,
I'm about to finally get a bus next weekend!!! It's a 40 ft 1992 Thomas. The seats are removed, there is a kitchen area and sink but no water tanks, fridge or stove. There is an inverter and seven outlets to run 2000 amps. There is no bathroom but there are two bunk beds bolted to the ground. I am under the impression that in CA there needs to be a 'kitchen' and bathroom to register as an RV.
Can I just have a portable fridge/stove that plugs in for the kitchen requirements? Or do I have to figure out plumbing and set up running water?
For the bathroom can it just be a room area with walls and a porta pottie in it? Or do I have to figure out plumbing and set up running water?
Thanks!

DarkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Re: Registration/Insurance in CA

That's probably actually only 2000 watts,not as much as you think,it uses a lot of battery amps to make that 2000 watts so be careful how much you plug in at one time.
Your batterys could die quick and you can trip the invertor

Just some fyi
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Registration/Insurance in CA

bansil- um yeah, i need to read up on ohms law (part of the reason i'm glad it has some wiring done!
iceni- the bus is white and has nice cabinets/counter and sink for the kitchen. i only have a few weeks to get it registered so i might get a trip permit and head down to twenty nine palms when the time comes
DarkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote