Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2020, 07:22 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: SAF-T-LINER MVP-ER Transit Series
Engine: Cummins 8.3
SC Title and Registration

I have searched the forum and I think I understand so I'm really just looking for confirmation or dissent. Best I can tell, SC is a 4 of 6 state to transfer my bus to a RV. These are the six, right?

Cooking appliance with onboard fuel source
Gas or electric fridge
Toilet with exterior evac
Heat/AC with power other than engine
Potable (drinkable) water supply
110v power supply

Of them, our bus upon purchase I think should meet these (was previously a bookmobile):
Cooking appliance with onboard fuel source--there's a functional microwave on board that the generator provides power for
Heat/AC with power other than engine--there's a diesel generator onboard that powers roof AC
110v power supply--there's a diesel generator onboard that powers existing wall outlets

Assuming that's correct, can I really just add a 5 gallon water bottle with a pump and meet the 4 of 6? This seems remarkably simple but everything I've read through the threads seems like it should be more difficult than this. Am I missing something? We pick it up Friday on a 45 day temp tag so I'd really like to get the registration and plates at the end of the 45 days and meet the requirements all at once if it is this easy.

kwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:53 AM   #2

I can't find any info online about it! I just moved from FLorida where i thought i was going to do the conversion and all the info pops up right away online. Here in south carolina I can't find what the requirements are! Or what forms I need. I already have most of my conversion done and could easily pass the 4 of 6.
DuramaxBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:19 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: SAF-T-LINER MVP-ER Transit Series
Engine: Cummins 8.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuramaxBus View Post
I can't find any info online about it! I just moved from FLorida where i thought i was going to do the conversion and all the info pops up right away online. Here in south carolina I can't find what the requirements are! Or what forms I need. I already have most of my conversion done and could easily pass the 4 of 6.
I'm probably no help yet. Bus broke down in Columbia on the way home. It is still in the shop and we're waiting while they figure it out. I read somewhere (on here but I can't find the thread again) that highway patrol has to send out an officer for an inspection that really just confirms the VIN and then you take that plus proof of purchase for your 4 of 6 systems to the DMV. I'm still on a 45 day plate so I'll be working on that in late November/early December. Unless the bus just has to be put down...
kwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:29 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

I sent you a private message. I’m upstate SC too. Would love to talk.
Romoshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 03:38 PM   #5

I feel dumb

So I'm so confused with the RV registration. If you have a mini bus what are my registration options in SC? I don't plan on making a full conversion just the back half.
RoFo is offline   Reply With Quote