Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2020, 12:42 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 1998 TC/1000 Bluebird Handybus
Engine: 6BTA 5.9 Cummins Diesel AT545
Rated Cap: 25 ft
Selling a bus....

So, there are SO many resources that I've found useful on this site helping me BUY and CONVERT my own skoolie, but I'm towards the end of the lifecycle of my skoolie butterfly and I'm having a hard time finding resources on how to SELL my cute little bus successfully.

I just want to make sure that I'm doing my due diligence for the buyers.

So far, we've agreed on a price, put down a deposit and we have a date on the calendar for them to come check it out in person (they live fairly far away).

In the meantime I'm doing my best to clear out of it (since I live in there full-time currently, haha), deep clean, fix anything agreed upon before sale, etc.

But I'm wondering more about the nitty gritty of, do I need to do anything special to tranfer the title? should I have them sign a for 'sale as is' contract to cover my own liability? How much detail should I be giving them on appliances or maintenance or electrical work? Should I give them tips and tricks I've accumulated from living in my bus the past year (like signing up for AAA just in case?)

My decision to sell the skoolie is awfully bitter sweet but I'm excited about the family who wants to buy it and I want it to be a good experience for them.

My goal is to make sure that I am covering my own ass appropriately, but also to set them up for success.

Any and all thoughts would be helpful

Dagnythedoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:01 PM   #2
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Definitely draw up an "as-is, where-is" bill of sale. They will likely need it to drive it home and as proof of sale price anyway.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:06 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 1998 TC/1000 Bluebird Handybus
Engine: 6BTA 5.9 Cummins Diesel AT545
Rated Cap: 25 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON View Post
Definitely draw up an "as-is, where-is" bill of sale. They will likely need it to drive it home and as proof of sale price anyway.
Thank you! Helpful
Dagnythedoodle is offline   Reply With Quote