Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2018, 07:26 PM   #1

Skoolie Insurance help

Hello guys! This is my very first post in this site! I was wondering if anyone had any advise or know what I need to do for my situation. I read somewhere on here that some insurance companies will only insure your skoolie if it was professionally done. Recently I've been seriously considering having Skoolie Homes do it. I currently live in Illinois. The plan is to live in the skoolie in Illinois for a little bit and then move to Oregon. Anybody know an insurance company that would insure my skoolie in both states if professionally done? I honestly would appreciate any and all advise on this whole situation.
Thank you!

Nikkob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:07 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2007
Coachwork: ICCORP
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 16
Just a few minutes ago, I talked with an agent from Allstate in California (initially I talked to one in FL) and they are able to write policies for school bus conversions both professionally and home grown.

As an example:
2007 IC CE300 costs $100 and change per six month policy for 100/300 LIABILITY ONLY

Add Comp/Collision to that by a "professional" ( I've done several home remodels and building projects) with a $45K value after conversion (self-valuated) and the COMP/COLLISION policy for six months goes to just under $300 inclusive of liability.

The FL agent's contact info is:
Kelly Newsome

(\/)
( . . )
c(")(")
Phone 352-326-9300
Fax 352-326-3931
Email kellynewsome1@allstate.com

The CA agent's contact info is:
Joe Lehr
707-546-3700
JOELEHR@allstate.com

NOTE: They are full aware that this bus is registered in VT as a MH with a CA address.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: B60
Engine: 8.2 Detroit Diesel
Rated Cap: 14000 lbs
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizote View Post
Just a few minutes ago, I talked with an agent from Allstate in California (initially I talked to one in FL) and they are able to write policies for school bus conversions both professionally and home grown.

As an example:
2007 IC CE300 costs $100 and change per six month policy for 100/300 LIABILITY ONLY

Add Comp/Collision to that by a "professional" ( I've done several home remodels and building projects) with a $45K value after conversion (self-valuated) and the COMP/COLLISION policy for six months goes to just under $300 inclusive of liability.

The FL agent's contact info is:
Kelly Newsome

(\/)
( . . )
c(")(")
Phone 352-326-9300
Fax 352-326-3931
Email kellynewsome1@allstate.com

The CA agent's contact info is:
Joe Lehr
707-546-3700
JOELEHR@allstate.com

NOTE: They are full aware that this bus is registered in VT as a MH with a CA address.
I was able to call Joe Lehr at 5:45pm 12/28/18 on a friday and he picked up the phone and answered all my questions and sold me a policy in less then 10 minutes. I would highly recommend Joe for you conversion insurance needs.
budman56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illinois, insurance coverage, oregon