Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2021, 08:13 AM   #1
New Member
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1
So I have my VT titleless registration, now what?

Hiya folks, sorry if this has been asked a million times. I'm about to receive my titleless registration from VT (>15 year old bus) registered as a motor home obviously. But now what? I'm in SC, so I assume I have to register I'm SC for insurance purposes. That I understand, but how does one get the title to say motorhome as well?

Thanks in advance!

Johnboy693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:17 AM   #2
Bus Nut
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 816
Year: 1993
Chassis: IH 3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 66
That registration IS the title. It functions as a title... so you can go to your local bmv and transfer it to your state. However, in most cases, insurance doesn't care what state it is registered in.
Mr4btTahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:18 AM   #3
Bus Nut
Bert06840's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 638
Year: 2009
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: G27E102
Engine: Cummins ISL 280
Rated Cap: 26,000 lbs
Read this thread
Bert06840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 03:57 PM   #4
Bus Geek
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,772
Yes every state is different for insurance as well as registration transfer issues.

IMO if you bothered doing the VT rego, next step is getting it insured as is.

Get a referral from Kelly Newsome at the Knowles Allstate office in Leesburg, 352-326-9300

Then the question is, A what is your state's requirement for getting locally registered before X days "garaged" in state

and B do your local LEOs enforce that?

The goal is to get your conversion work done so you can then pass inspection or whatever is required to get the rego category you want.

If you have private land and keep the vehicle out of site

except when occasional travel is necessary to get work done

you might be fine keeping the VT rego for a year or more.

Or if you are planning on going interstate, living as a nomad, you're definitely able to keep it indefinitely, so long as you avoid visiting Vermont, when you would need to pass **their** inspection.

TL;DR it depends
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.