Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2022, 08:28 PM   #1

Southwest bc insurance questions

BC crew. I'm having a terrible time trying to simply get a autoplan agent that understands my needs.

Can someone that's done so confirm the following for me?

I can insure a school bus for pleasure use without need for cvi inspections...correct?
I want to know I can insure the bus (autoplan 12) before I purchase so I know I can get it home and won't have to constantly be putting temporary permits on it to move it from
here to there.

Also. For those of you that have done so.
To change the paperwork to reflect van body style instead of non scheduled bus, you must remove the seats so the capacity is under the amount of seating necessary so a regular class 5 license carrier (with air brakes of course) can drive it. What steps did you have to take for this?

I'm southwestern BC if that helps, but anywhere within 200 kms of the lower mainland I'd be willing to go if someone can recommend an agency that is aware of how this works.

The pictures attached show the registration for one of the buses I'm viewing, as well as an attachment from an autoplan agent that clearly shows no inspections are required to go from one body style to another.

I had a van that was classed as a non scheduled bus changed to van body style by simply removing one row of seats and the seat mounts, and showing the autoplan agent. He then simply changed the paperwork to van body style and off I went.

Why does this seem to be so difficult?

Thank you to anyone that can assist here.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20221213-170040_Gmail.jpg   received_542366104435405.jpeg   Screenshot_20221213-171228_Chrome.jpg  

ItchyBruno is offline   Reply With Quote