Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Dodge S-600
Engine: 360 V8
Rated Cap: 66
State Farm Is At It Again

In an earlier post, State Farm Commercial Is A Pack of Lies, I ranted about the contrast between State Funny Farm's commercial and reality (in which they send NastyGrams to persons with repeated claims spaced too closely together).

They're at it again.

In early March, a dumbass lent his car to another dumbass, specifically a friend who doesn't have a driver's license. That dumbass then drove past the house my GF and I share; in a state of inattention he sideswiped two parked cars and rear-ended a third. He jumped out of the auto and ran from the scene. A police officer on routine patrol happened across the wreck, wrote up a report, and had the guilty party's car impounded. Under the windshield wipers of the victim-cars, he left notices explaining what happened.

This would have been a whole lot funnier if one of those cars wasn't my girlfriend's. Totalled.

At least the dumbass driver was busted. The dumbass car owner lost his ride, which was also totalled. And State Farm did act quickly to pay my gf for a replacement car.

Part II:
One serene June night's sleep interrupted by a couple of BANGs. I get up, look out the window overlooking the street, nothing amiss. Next morning, I see that gf's replacement car - and mine - had both been hit. The jerk who sideswiped them gone like a spectre in the night. Mine suffered minor damage, relatively speaking, that is fixable when I get the money and a round tuit. Not worth filing a claim for. Her car got banged up worse, even a wheel moved out of place. Again, State Farm pays gf for a replacement car.

Today she gets this letter:
Quote:
Thank you for insuring your vehicles with State Farm. We appreciate your business and value our relationship with you.

In an effort to provide reasonably priced coverage for all State Farm policyholders, we believe it is our responsibility to share our concerns with those customers.

A recent review of claims in your household reveals the following claims occurred while the vehicle was parked and unoccupied:
Date of Claim
06-03-2012
03-09-2012

We value you as a customer and believe an understanding of the trends we have noticed will have a positive effect in reducing incidents in the future. Together, we can work to keep your insurance costs down.

Thank you for your business and for allowing State Farm to provide for your insurance needs. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your State Farm agent, [name].
At least they didn't have the audacity to say, "Thank you for your cooperation."

And how often have our cars been hit while parked at the curb over the years she and/or I lived here? Too often. Every few months? No.

I plan on writing a reply and sending it along with a copy of the Skeptic's Dictionary's page on The Clustering Illusion, a photo of the famous Hummer-school bus accident, and possible "solutions." The house is on a hillside, so installing a driveway is out of the que$$$tion. So we could buy a couple of secondhand skoolies (and piss off the neighbors by taking up several parking spaces). Or we could keep a Dumpster behind our cars as a shield.

Or maybe a car made out of a Dumpster!

Old 07-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: State Farm Is At It Again

yeah, build several dumpster cars...
could be a up and rising sport.. figure 8 dumpster car races...
course they would have to be filled with trash after the driver has gotten inside...
Old 07-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

In keeping with the forum how about building a dumpster skool bus--you could load it with todays little monsters and go directly to the landfill
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Dodge S-600
Engine: 360 V8
Rated Cap: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol trunt
In keeping with the forum how about building a dumpster skool bus--you could load it with todays little monsters and go directly to the landfill
I can see it now: Bubba's White Trash Hauling Service!