Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2021, 07:57 PM   #1

Exclamation Still waiting on my registration from Vermont

Hello!

We followed the instructions to a "T" on the thread of "How to register your skoolie before conversion".

We sent in our registration application, with the money, and detailed letter of what we paid for. It has been about 4 weeks now and they have not cashed our check yet.

I know patience is key on this, but we are getting a bit anxious about this. I know COVID has slowed some things down but we are looking for some advice or first hand knowledge on what we should do next.

Thanks!

PNW_Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:11 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
It normally takes about 4 weeks, with Covid it takes longer, it'll come. BOS, Title and Proof of Insurance on you will go a long way if you're stopped. But school buses don't get stopped. I've driven 2 cross country with no tags, no problem.
Old 04-05-2021, 02:12 AM   #3
Bus Geek

6-7 weeks is the reasonable expectation these days.

IMO no stress until 2 months
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 11:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
It normally takes about 4 weeks, with Covid it takes longer, it'll come. BOS, Title and Proof of Insurance on you will go a long way if you're stopped. But school buses don't get stopped. I've driven 2 cross country with no tags, no problem.

Thank you!

Our bus is sitting for the next couple of months at this moment, so we don't need to worry about getting pulled over... Thankfully.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:01 AM   #5

Thank you for this. Definitely helps put the stress at ease.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:48 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: Chevy Express 3500
Engine: 6.0L Gas
Call the DMV. They're kind and will give you answers. Their system has a callback option so you don't have to wait on hold.

Last time I called about mine it had been about 5 weeks and they had processed it just that morning. About 10 days later and I'm still waiting for my plates, but I was told, despite the temp "plate" expiry being two months out, it's valid 90 days total because of covid. Of course, if you live out of state, the cops where you are won't know that, and seemingly temp tags don't link back to you until they file your paperwork entirely.

Best of luck and be patient. Seems like a small staff with lots of work.
novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:01 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466 / MD3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Bull View Post
Hello!

We followed the instructions to a "T" on the thread of "How to register your skoolie before conversion".

We sent in our registration application, with the money, and detailed letter of what we paid for. It has been about 4 weeks now and they have not cashed our check yet.

I know patience is key on this, but we are getting a bit anxious about this. I know COVID has slowed some things down but we are looking for some advice or first hand knowledge on what we should do next.

Thanks!
Keep us posted! I'm getting ready to send my info off to VT as well so I'll be watching your thread to gauge my timeline
A_Bus_Called_Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Gerschafer View Post
Keep us posted! I'm getting ready to send my info off to VT as well so I'll be watching your thread to gauge my timeline

Still no plates,BUT they did cash our check we sent. So we are hoping to see some plates in the mail soon.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:29 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Really would be best to just use the main thread keep everything together so the OP will see when post #1 needs to be updated

rather than potentially valuable data points being scattered across multiple threads.

Please
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Bull View Post
Hello!

Thanks!

Received the plates on 4/16! Patience is key, but not one of my strong points. Also, not sure how to update my OP on this. Thanks for all of the responses.

Tags
registration, vermont registration