Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2021, 12:04 PM   #1

Year: 2006
Chassis: International
Engine: CE200/VT365
Rated Cap: 16 + 2WC
Temporary Vermont Registration

I thought I read it on here but now I’m having trouble finding it, that someone got a temporary registration for this bus through Vermont. I took a peek at the website and so see that option but there’s no option for bus or RV I would have to register as a truck. The bus I am buying is under the weight limit for the truck so I assume would be fine?

Or am I better off getting transit plates through the dealer?

Either way I’d like to insure it for the ride home from New York to New Hampshire and trying to figure out the best option. I’ve put an email into Kelly Newsome for insurance but if it’s still a bus not and RV I don’t know if that makes a difference.

2006 IC CE200

Ldavenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 04:30 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Do you mean this thread?

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f18/how-to-immediately-register-your-bus-as-an-rv-without-conversion-15292.html#post165864

Best to just continue there after reading the OP carefully if you have remaining questions.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:01 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
A temp tag would be a lot cheaper than a years Vt. registration. Vt. regs may take up to 5 weeks. I have found that as long as you have insurance, a fresh BOS, and dated signed title, no LEO will bother you transporting it home. School buses are invisible on the road, you have to drive like an idiot to get pulled over in a bus. In Ga. I can drive on a BOS for 30 days and State Farm insures me in anything I buy for 7 days, even though they won't normally insure a bus. YMMV