Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
Skoolie

Re: Texas Bus Antique Plates

Double-check your state's laws before you do this though. Here's what Tennessee has to say about it:

An “antique motor vehicle” is a motor vehicle over twenty-five (25) years old with a non-modified engine and body which is used for participation in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades and similar uses as a collector’s item, and can only be used for general transportation on Saturdays and Sundays.

Basically, Monday-Friday you could only drive it to or from a car show, parade, etc. If you want to drive it for any other reason (to get back and from work, get some groceries, go to a campground, etc.) then Saturday and Sunday are the only days you can drive it. Many states have similar limitations, I remember seeing at least one that had no limitation at all though.

josetann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

IOWA - I have checked and Iowa does not have anything like this.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Rowdymon

I can tell you I have antique plates on my 71 Chevelle and 58 Pontiac Hearse...

Antique tags act as registration AND inspection on your vehicle, but you are limited as to why you dive it. PRetty much, car shows, parades, mechanic's, etc..etc.. While I do know people who run around with antique plates on a daily driver, on occasion they are hassled by police who actually know the law.

YMMV..
Rowdymon is offline   Reply With Quote