Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
Year: 1989
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: flatnose
Engine: 5.9 cummins turbo
Rated Cap: 48

in pa it has to be fully converted into a rv and you have to take it to a inspector who charged 150.00 and he will go over the whole conversion and if it passes he signs paperwork for the dmv that it passed and then you can title it as a motorhome. i'am glad i don't live in PA. in florida all they want is a 110 plug going in they don't even check it. the block heater has a 110 plug to plug into :}:}:}

bluebird flatnose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
edfrank's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 41
Year: 1990
Coachwork: Wayne Lifeguard
Chassis: Navistar International
Engine: 7.3 Power Stroker Diesel
Rated Cap: 24
Re: Title as RV in NJ or PA State

Titling in PA

The following is a response from the PA DOT, Nov 15, 2010:

All emergency lighting must be removed. All School bus and school district painted designations must be removed. Stop sign and swing arm must be removed.

After the conversion is complete the vehicle must be weighed empty and a weigh slip from a certified weighmaster must be submitted with the work.

If the applicant is requesting a change in the vehicle type to a motor home, additional photographs of at least 4 of the following components must be included with the application. These photographs must also be signed and dated by the enhanced vehicle safety inspector. If the vehicle is not equipped with at least 4 of the following vehicles, the application will be rejected when submitted to PennDOT for processing.

Cooking appliance


Self-contained toilet

Heating/Air conditioning

Portable water supply

Faucet and sink

Separate 110/125 or LP gas supply

The vehicle will need to have an Enhanced vehicle inspection done Name, address and phone numbers of Enhanced vehicle inspection stations can be found on our website Your enhanced mechanic should be able to help you with any further questions. There is also a fact sheet for modified vehicles on the website. You may contact the Special Service Unit at the number listed below if you have further questions.

Loryane Drumheller, Supervisor
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation

Bureau of Motor Vehicles/Vehicle Inspection Division
Special Services Unit
1101 South Front Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110

Phone 717-705-6991/Fax 717-705-6990
edfrank is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why Title a bus as an RV? mrblank Titles, Insurance, Registration and Money Matters 14 11-25-2021 06:44 AM
A title wouldn't help this! Malkieri Everything Else | General Skoolie Discussions 3 08-11-2014 07:03 AM
TITLE TXDRP Titles, Insurance, Registration and Money Matters 1 10-13-2010 09:06 PM
Do I have to title it as an RV? the_experience03 Titles, Insurance, Registration and Money Matters 5 10-06-2009 10:45 PM
State requirements to title as rv? Utah kruzr69 Titles, Insurance, Registration and Money Matters 1 04-13-2005 01:00 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.