Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2020, 11:02 AM   #1

Year: 2007
Coachwork: C2 Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: CAT 7
Cool title registration Quebec or Ontario

Hello , new here , we will buy a middle size ( 8 windows , cat motor , 2007 Freightliner ) , we wondering where is the easiest to get title registration between Ontario or Quebec ..

rycatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:16 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Hi welcome. I bought my bus already registered as a motorhome, had only the seats removed. Was used to move the guy's household items. This in Ontario, but I have heard Quebec may have all kinds of red tape.
register in a smaller town if possible, less hassle.
Why have you decided on that particular bus? Done any research on it?

John
Old 07-01-2020, 01:29 PM   #3

Year: 2007
Coachwork: C2 Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: CAT 7
Thank John, I made some research about Quebec registration and seems quebecois - , didnt find too much aboUt Ontario . We pick a mid size because we re just 2 of us and we want be able to drive in all size of roads and some parks limit the lenght of vehicule .
rycatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rycatpat View Post
Thank John, I made some research about Quebec registration and seems quebecois - , didnt find too much aboUt Ontario . We pick a mid size because we re just 2 of us and we want be able to drive in all size of roads and some parks limit the lenght of vehicule .

My registration couldn't have been easier already being a motorhome, just a simple transfer of ownership, done in Bancroft.
The previous owner also used the same mechanic that serviced this bus when in service so safety certificate was a piece of cake, and a good family friend. Jim Carrie, the comedian and actor, uses him too for his vehicles as he spends a lot of time in the area. His GMC pickup was done up right and now gets about 1 mpg, but what fun!

Size wasn't the issue I spoke of but the 2007 aspect, engine and emission issues that come with it. Tends to get expensive and mostly requires a CAT dealer or big truck shop to deal with those. You might get stranded on your adventures. Buy something 2003 or older, is highly recommended by more knowledgeable folks on this site than myself.

Be forewarned before you put any money down is all I can say.

John

Tags
canada, ontario, québec, registration, title registration