Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: C60
Engine: Chevy 7.4l 454 FI
Rated Cap: 59
titling in Missouri

http://www.moga.missouri.gov/statutes/C ... 000010.HTM
states: (47) "Recreational motor vehicle", any motor vehicle designed, constructed or substantially modified so that it may be used and is used for the purposes of temporary housing quarters, including therein sleeping and eating facilities which are either permanently attached to the motor vehicle or attached to a unit which is securely attached to the motor vehicle. Nothing herein shall prevent any motor vehicle from being registered as a commercial motor vehicle if the motor vehicle could otherwise be so registered;

That being said, I went to title the bus from a "bus" to a "rv" first time I was told no problem but I needed to fill out a title VIN verification form and have any LEO sign off on it stating the body style change, my word wasnt good enough. So I went to a different office and was told changing body styles isnt a problem but oops the seller didnt sign the title correctly, funny the first place didnt have a problem with how it was signed over?? So I got that snafu taken care of and went back to that office and was done, no form verification or nothing.
Got my title in the mail and body style states "MTRHM" now.
So if you are having trouble, try different offices you can get different results.
Will post update when I get insurance and lis.

ramairws601 is offline   Reply With Quote