Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown Super Coach
Chassis: Built on a Crown Chassis
Engine: 300HP BIG CAM TURBO 855
Rated Cap: 78
Arlington to gresham to torrance to tampa to vegas

Just completed what nearly took me 5000 miles of driving in 3 weeks.

Object of the exercise was to pick up, transport and store one crown I had purchased in Arlington WA. Put it to rest in Gresham OR. Then the following day head off through the worst West Coast storm in a decade, 80 mile gusts and rain blowing sideways transporting my tranquility Crown to Torrance CA. That Crown is now on its way to France.

Third leg was to fly into Tampa and make my way to Lakeland FL and retrieve a 1966 Crown Intercity raised roof Crown that was Custom built for Hewlett Packard-Neely............This Crown currently sits with a 375 HP 855 cubic inch Turbo charged Cummins amidship, mated to an Allison automatic 5 speed.

There are many images on my site Crowning Around, photo's and videos of this Crown Odyssey your welcome to take a look. If you like it. Hang around awhile...... If you are a Crown Owner or Crown lover this is a great site to spend a few minutes, or a couple hours and celebrate the finest bus America ever produced. That can only succumb to Legislation but is impervious to the elements that regularly compromise, destroy, or render useless many of its so called peers.........

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Attached Thumbnails
66CROWN[1].jpg   WP_20141220_18_56_30_Pro[1].jpg