Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #1
Almost There

Year: 2002
Engine: T444E/Allison 2000
BEND, OR Advice

Helllllllo Skoolie Fam!

My wife and I took our bus all over the country and decided to give it a rest for a bit. She is currently at the Grand Canyon being used as an AirBnB.
With that said, we miss the road tremendously and the lifestyle in general (especially during these times.) I wanted to see if anyone has been to Bend, Oregon/lives there and has advice for us. Is there a skoolie community, how's the access to public lands, do a lot of people participate in alternative living, etc..? We need to be closeish to town due to my wife working in fitness. I can work anywhere as long as I have cell service...Just trying to get a vibe for the place

Any help or advice is appreciated!!!

Best,

Kevin

KevinDarcy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:58 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Lots of open space and BLM land in the desert 10-20 minutes outside of Bend to the east. Not sure how conducive it is to bus living. Spent a few days in the Oregon Badlands a couple years ago (about 15 minutes to town).

Cheap land and lots of "recreational lots" (can't be built on but can be camped on) south of bend in La Pine (I think its about 20-30 minutes from bend, but there is a smallish town of La Pine too). This is a more forested area than the land east of bend which is Oregon desert.
dzl_ is offline   Reply With Quote