Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2017, 06:04 AM   #201
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
StarBux + Hotel = restful night + morning bliss for me

I swear I had a general area of this event saved or PM'd somewhere but the life of me I cant find it.. is Orlando far? If its not too bad I may end up staying at one of my customers' Hotels over on I-drive.. (they let me park my bus).

-Christopher

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:10 AM   #202
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I'm planning on getting a hotel nearby just because I'm not a good camp type and the red bus doesn't have any capabilities for sleep. If I brought the dev I do have a genny and portable ac or heatcandcan air mattress.. but I want to drive redbyrd down from Ohio. Right now both busses are in Ohio.
Christopher
when you driving down, I'm leaving tue the 7th or wend stopping at camping world in macon for the night.
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:17 AM   #203
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
StarBux + Hotel = restful night + morning bliss for me

I swear I had a general area of this event saved or PM'd somewhere but the life of me I cant find it.. is Orlando far? If its not too bad I may end up staying at one of my customers' Hotels over on I-drive.. (they let me park my bus).

-Christopher
Maybe we can have coffee some morning?
I LOVE coffee and Starbucks is one of my real GUILTY pleasures. Theres NOWHERE else around here capable of making decent coffee.
I'd not wanna deal with driving back and forth fro I drive. Thats a lot of traffic and toll roads to deal with for my tastes. That's some of the worst traffic around these parts. Its not terribly far though.
I have room in my driveway/yard in town if anyone in a shorty or smaller wants to be in town.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:19 AM   #204
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave View Post
when you driving down, I'm leaving tue the 7th or wend stopping at camping world in macon for the night.
I'm going to put in for as much time off work as possible when you're here. Really REALLY looking forward to this!!! This is gona be soo COOOOL!
Old 01-30-2017, 06:54 AM   #205
Bus Nut

Looks like i will be there early saturday and have to leave late afternoon sunday. Any special tools to bring? We are working a bit right?

Jeep, bus, repeat.
yellowxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:32 AM   #206
Bus Geek

im driving down in the next day or two, but ive got a place in st pete so i'll be there working on building up my servers and such then come up for the ECCB rally.

Traffic doesnt bother me... after all I drove the DEV bus through NYC at rush hour this past summer....

if I stay at a customer's site I just write the whole thing down ... I usually avoid tolls with the Trucker GPS.. its not uncommon for me to run 2 or 3 GPS;s to show me the best and cheapest routes to get from point A to point B..
-Christopher
Old 01-30-2017, 07:49 AM   #207
Bus Geek

I'm not even sure how to get to I drive without toll roads. You're braver than I, but I don't have a short bus. I wouldn't even dream of driving a school bus around in orlando traffic.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:58 AM   #208
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxj View Post
Looks like i will be there early saturday and have to leave late afternoon sunday. Any special tools to bring? We are working a bit right?

Jeep, bus, repeat.
I can't think of anything right now, but its really hard to wrap my head around all this... I've been so busy lately and this roof raise has been so long in the making that I'm on and off with the jitters and such.
Still can't decide between a partial raise and complete raise. the transition areas are the hardest part for me to try and think about.
THe older I get the more it makes my brain hurt to think hard lol.
STill trying to find a local source for rivets. All I can find are aluminum.
I'm really wanting plain steel, 1/4", closed-end, in a shorter grip range. Sounds easy till you can't find anyone who actually has em.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:02 AM   #209
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I'm not even sure how to get to I drive without toll roads. You're braver than I, but I don't have a short bus. I wouldn't even dream of driving a school bus around in orlando traffic.

the short bus makes a huge difference.. even the difference between DEV which is a full size full height 7 window vs redbyrd which is on a smaller chassis and a couple feet shorter in traffic is all different...

redByrd jumps up to speed quicker in freeway traffic from say 45-60 than DEV so it makes it driveable in traffic where you want to change lanes.. its a much lighter-weight bus.. its only a foot or 2 at most longer than most of the Dualie crew-cab long bed pickup trucks.

-Christopher
Old 01-30-2017, 08:20 AM   #210
Bus Geek

Yeah, thats why I figure a fullsize shorty like your red one would be good for a daily driver for my lawn routes and stuff.
I'm bidding on chevy trucks and vans with 6.0's these days, but finding one not beat to hell is tough on the budget I'm running with.
Next time a nice shorty pops up online I'm gonna be in a better financial state to buy one than in the past.
I looked at some buses on bga this morning for sport. Man, they're asking even more than ever its gotten insane! Prices are rising pretty sharply all over, at least it seems so. Maybe its the time of year?
Old 01-30-2017, 09:36 AM   #211
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
I looked at some buses on bga this morning for sport. Man, they're asking even more than ever its gotten insane! Prices are rising pretty sharply all over, at least it seems so. Maybe its the time of year?
or maybe because they're becoming more popular.
tobeamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:05 PM   #212
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeamiss View Post
or maybe because they're becoming more popular.
Yeah- In South America.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:15 PM   #213
Bus Geek

Quote:
Yeah, thats why I figure a fullsize shorty like your red one would be good for a daily driver for my lawn routes and stuff.
I'm bidding on chevy trucks and vans with 6.0's these days, but finding one not beat to hell is tough on the budget I'm running with.
Next time a nice shorty pops up online I'm gonna be in a better financial state to buy one than in the past.
Honestly I think they are trying to cover the medical costs of Greg senior but also I do believe busses right now are becoming more popular.. regardless of BGA prices we can see busses getting bid up at auctions which of course also affects dealer prices.. if the dealers are buying from the same auctions we are And they are going for more then the dealers are going to go higher .. I think a trick is to find a bus that works for you but is the least desirable bus in the eyes of the masses.. you'll have less bidding competition and can get a better deal.
Christopher
Old 01-30-2017, 01:39 PM   #214
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
So I'm only coming up for the day on the 10th

I just found out that the company I do educational videos for are having representing at a festival in Fort Lauderdale on the 11th.

So I'm going to drive up in my car... argh, in the morning, hang until sunset and then head back to SOFLA.

I'm bummed, but I really want their company to be successful.

Looking forward to meeting all of you! And praying that the chili is for Friday night

Sandi
www.thismidwifetravels.com
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:49 PM   #215
Bus Geek

There should be plenty of chill to go around!
Old 01-30-2017, 02:12 PM   #216
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
There should be plenty of chill to go around!
Good! I'll bring a big bag of Fritos, because one must eat fritos when you eat chili
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #217
Bus Geek

Oh, and plenty of chili too. Thought you said CHILL lol
If chili doesn't work out on Friday night, I'll send someone to the meat store for some bison or aged strips.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:05 PM   #218
Skoolie

Hey there everyone!!

I have amazing news for our Skoolie plans! We have secured a location about 90 min from the meetup for doing our conversion - in Spring Hill, FL. I am hoping to make the trip down to meet everyone and check out where we will be parking for several weeks!

Looking forward to meeting everyone! Please let me know what tools I should bring to help out the efforts!
Old 01-30-2017, 03:17 PM   #219
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourmefa View Post
Hey there everyone!!

I have amazing news for our Skoolie plans! We have secured a location about 90 min from the meetup for doing our conversion - in Spring Hill, FL. I am hoping to make the trip down to meet everyone and check out where we will be parking for several weeks!

Looking forward to meeting everyone! Please let me know what tools I should bring to help out the efforts!
REALLY looking forward to you as well!
Glad you'll be in central FL.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:54 PM   #220
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: TE 444
Rated Cap: 12
Someone pm me the address and the hotel 15 minutes away please
Kubla is offline   Reply With Quote