Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2017, 04:43 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Free Parking in Seattle

This past weekend I was in Seattle.
As I drive around, I notice where MHomes are parked, particularly not in RV parks. Many are homeless people trying to live. You can generally tell by how the windows are covered. I do this so I can have an idea of where to park once I get my bus built.
We were driving around Alki Point, the Western most point of West Seattle.
Seattle is great because of the liberal attitude of the city fathers toward homeless people. We saw tents pitched in various places, under bridges and in vacant lots.
Alki Point is a very valuable part of Seattle, shacks going for BIG $$$$.

My point in all of this is to point out a Great, "Freebee -$$," place to park most of the year, except for Seattle Seafair week. I think that the city fathers will come and clear the rif-raf out, because the unlimited hydroplane races are right around the corner off of Alki Beach, within probably a mile.
Here is how You get there:
I-5 - Exit - Spokane Street. (Don't get this confused with I-90 toward Spokane, which is the next exit North, or before You get to the Spokane Street Exit, going South.) Spokane Street Bridge turns into the West Seattle Bridge, headed West.
Exit Harbor Avenue, SW.
Drive along the street, You will see several homeless motor homes parked along the street. Join them -- Have Fun. If You are towing a car, just drive around the point to great eats and beaches. If not, It is probably a mile hike.

Lonejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

The hydroplane races are on Lake Washington by the Stan Sayers pits. The races all happen south of the I-90 floating bridges.

It isn't anywhere close to Alki Point.

As far as parking for free in Seattle is concerned, regardless of the policies towards the homeless, parking enforcement is not only a great revenue stream but all part of the "get out of your car and onto public transit" group think that is a part and parcel of the bubbleheads that are in charge in Seattle.

There is virtually no place in the downtown core area for a bus to park. Parking outside of the downtown core is regulated for street cleaning. There is virtually no place in the city limits where you can park for more than 24 hours without risking a parking ticket.

If you are homeless you have a better chance of not being noticed if you pitch a tent on a parking strip than if you parked a bus next to the curb.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:20 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

My mistake about the hydro races, but there are major activities at Alki Beach during SeaFair week. Was there last year, sightseeing along Alki Point. The only thing I noticed is, that the homeless coaches looked as though they had been parked there for weeks.
Alki Point is not in the downtown core area. It is West of downtown.
Just tellin You what I saw.
Lonejack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free parking, seattle parking