Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtram
Engine: Navstar 190
Rated Cap: 77
Great campground for wild fun- or peace and quiet

Hey all so we are still in OK- at an awsome camp ground called Sparks America. In sparks ok- pretty easy to find 14 miles off I-40. It's got 30-50amp, water,and dump station. Check out the website at http://www.sparksamerica.com/ the owner Tony is a nice guy- straight to the point no bones Biker. If you're a biker, hellion, or just into fun come there... especially durning their parties. Anything goes- I mean anything (and does) the events are 21+ with reason. When nothing is going on- you have 100 acers to yourself. A horse might wander into your campsite- and slurp up your ramen noodles (pics later). The people here are honest, good hard working people that will show you hospitality like you won't beleive. Anyone passing thru OK should stop here- tell Tony, or 'Redneck' Stan said we should camp here. We've had a blast, and relaxed like you wouldn't imagine. Pics to come soon.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
Skoolie

Re: Great campground for wild fun- or peace and quiet

Hey there no we are still in OK in OKC at the moment doing some odd jobs at the rockwell RV park. Heading back to sparks in a couple days. We so totally get together.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
Skoolie

Re: Great campground for wild fun- or peace and quiet

Sweet man take your time- In fact when we can we shoul get together and work on our rigs. I already told Tony (the owner od Sparks) that some bus nuts might be heading to his camp. He said "if they are all a good a people as you, they are welcome here anytime day or night." Tony may look a mean old gruff biker- which he is, but he's got a heart as big as the moon. All the people there are great folks- actually oklahoma in general has some very, very nice people. One reason we are still here.
After tax time- and warmer weather I'm plannng on doing some more to the bus- come on over to sparks. Tony is also a mechanic- he's been working on semi trucks and cars for 38 years... they have a huge shop with all the tools to do anything you want. Mig, tig welders- one guy is a master metal fabricator, there is nothing they can't do. I think Tony said between all the guys there he has like 300 years worth of experience. They do it right or not at all.

I'll give you an example- when we pulled in I got to talking with him, and said we had a new altenator, which seemed a bit slow to charge up the batts. He took one look at it and said,"thats the wrong *beep*ing one for the engine, bring it up to the shop." I told him I didn't have any money to pay for a new altenator- he said,"Well I ain't letting you leave without changing it- I got 10 of the right one's up there been sitting on the shelf for years. You already got ripped off once you wanna get out on the road and do it again?" I said no- so he left in his golf cart. I was telling the wife what he said, we were still debating weather of not to drive up to the shop- Tony came back toolbox, new alt, and replaced it at my campsite. "There, now I feel better about letting you leave."