Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2020, 05:47 PM   #1

Longterm Parking near OKC?

Hi, sorry if this has been posted already, I tried to search to no avail. Does anyone know of any long-term skoolie friendly place to stay in or near Oklahoma City? I recently closed a bid on an old city bus (01 Gillig G22D102N4), and I wanted to take it up to OKC to live on and convert it to be near my sister. Unfortunately a lot of the resources I'm finding on where to keep skoolies focus on one-night type stays as if driving through, whereas I'd really prefer to stay in one area at least semi-regularly.

Budget is also a concern, a big part of my desire to live in a skoolie is I was sick of paying half my wage in rent every month, so one of the fancier RV parks or campgrounds isn't really an option.

My standards are non-existent (I already invested in a composting toilet and will import all my water if necessary), so all I really need is someplace to park the bus and live on it where I won't be harassed or have to pay tons of money.

Thank you in advance!

Lukerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 06:46 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
google earth

I am an advocate of using this to look for industrial ish areas where you can park, live and work on a bus. I favor areas near or next to train tracks... cul de sacs some times old broken wharehouses with shitty rooves can be rented cheap... park the bus in the wharehouse... often times they have bathrooms and water.... rat traps and maybe a twentytwo varmit eliminator comes in handy. I was once in a place that my bar of soap was eaten daily..... big teeth marks in that bar of soap.

I had a car project once in the corner of a large wharehouse... cost me $50 bucks a month, but could only work on it day time hours.... after a year of this I was allowed to come in evenings. some places you can even squat. Gotta be prepared to move on very short notice but unless posted, usually not a big deal as long as you move on.

william
magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, cheap, free, okc, oklahoma