Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2021, 11:21 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: MidBus
Chassis: Chevy Express 3500
Engine: 6.0 Vortec V8 Gas
Looking for weekday parking in Reno, NV

Hi all!

I'm starting grad school in Reno, NV late July 2021. Our short bus conversion is about to begin! I am looking for a safe place to park on the weekdays in the Reno, NV area, preferably south Reno if possible. I'll be in school all day M-F and will be taking off on the weekends to camp in the desert in my study bus.

Is anyone out there aware of safe, affordable, and convenient spots? I will be able to boondock or hook up to shore power. I am willing to talk about rent if someone has a private location they want to share with me.

Thanks so much for any and all leads!

Anonybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:47 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
https://www.boondockerswelcome.com/
Old 01-27-2021, 07:31 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Engine: 7.6L Navistar DT466e Diesel
boondockerswelcome hosts usually limit the amount of time a person can stay in any one spot. not really a good long term option
FrugalFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 10:27 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks guys. Yes, I'm hoping for something more long term The boondockers welcome is a great source though, thanks for that! I'm sure I'll put it to use in my travels after grad school
Old 01-27-2021, 12:20 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
Within most city limits, sleeping five nights a week, months on end: Even landowners themselves are typically limited (by Ordinance, Law, or Code) to rv parks, etc.

Overnight parking for ONLY a vehicle is easy. Usually, any space with a primary structure.

If you extend your search outside the reach of any enforcement jurisdiction, you may find more available options.

Private landowners are gonna want to know details, HOW you wont ef up there land. Where do you go #1, #2 (#3 ladies). refuse collection, noise, drinkers, smokers, cops, fires, etc. They have a lot to loose, investment and liability.

Offer to upgrade the property, fix/paint fence, add some pvc water lines, etc. Owning land is work, money we have, so we bought land.

Landowners need help, lots of projects, offer up your shoveling skills. Thats your ticket.

Up front, good faith, sweat invested = respect earned.
If youre sweat is invested, you won't ef it up.

Good Luck,
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:58 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMac View Post
Within most city limits, sleeping five nights a week, months on end: Even landowners themselves are typically limited (by Ordinance, Law, or Code) to rv parks, etc.

Overnight parking for ONLY a vehicle is easy. Usually, any space with a primary structure.

If you extend your search outside the reach of any enforcement jurisdiction, you may find more available options.

Private landowners are gonna want to know details, HOW you wont ef up there land. Where do you go #1, #2 (#3 ladies). refuse collection, noise, drinkers, smokers, cops, fires, etc. They have a lot to loose, investment and liability.

Offer to upgrade the property, fix/paint fence, add some pvc water lines, etc. Owning land is work, money we have, so we bought land.

Landowners need help, lots of projects, offer up your shoveling skills. Thats your ticket.

Up front, good faith, sweat invested = respect earned.
If youre sweat is invested, you won't ef it up.

Good Luck,

Thanks for the advice. You bring up some good points. I am hoping for private land where I can safely park and remain off grid. I will be keeping to myself, and will be off spending long days on campus. I really only need a spot Monday-Thursday, I can buzz off on the weekends.

Since I'll be in a very demanding grad program I won't have time to help out around the property. All I can offer is my incognito, quiet living situation, my honesty, and rent if someone wants to arrange something.

Everything in my short skoolie will be self contained and nothing will be left behind on the property. I'm a big fan of LNT, carry in-carry out! I am by no means a party person. School will be my life.

Feel free to send me a message if you want to chat about some possibilities. Thanks everyone!

Tags
grad school, nevada, reno, reno nv