Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2022, 08:27 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Mechanic, electrical help in north FL

Hi,
I just wanted to share that if you experience issues and you're in northern FL you can just google River Rise Repair llc in Fort White. They're not on maps app though but Bill and his dad are both coming from working for a school bus company. They're great mechanic, electricians and great people.

Ctanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 09:01 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000 28ft
Engine: Cummins ISB 5.9 24v, MD3060
Rated Cap: 14
Good to know a close independent mechanic around. I have actually been driving that way about once a week and am going to start taking the bus soon. Got a description of what type of work you had them do?

If you are trying to get the word out and help them, i would suggest recommendation on Facebook skoolie pages (mainly skoolie swarm). Florida has an influx of bus people here in the winter and a lot of them need mechanical help. These guys would be right off 75 bringing almost everyone just past them.
fo4imtippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 01:08 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Keep logging out . Hopefully this one will go through.
They fixed my bumper and some ele trical issues in a couple minutes.
They're honest people and just know and love school buses.

And thank you for the fb recommendation. I dont use GB but will let them know.
Ctanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 07:10 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Great news!
Good luck in Florida!
I have the same problem in North Carolina (Fayetteville). I have an Skoolie FREIGHTLINER built by THOMAS that has its ABS system light ON. The air compressors are working fine by filling both air tanks after 30 minutes however, the ABS light is ON and that is not recommended for moving the bus or driving the bus.
Is there an School Mechanic in Fayetteville or nearby?? I need to make sure my Schoolie is 100% ready and mechanically sound for my next trip to Connecticut where I'm planning to live next year.
I appreciate any help or advice related to the ABS system and why is not working when it was just parked and not moving.
Regards
Pinelander
Pinelander2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 07:44 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinelander2020 View Post
Great news!
Good luck in Florida!
I have the same problem in North Carolina (Fayetteville). I have an Skoolie FREIGHTLINER built by THOMAS that has its ABS system light ON. The air compressors are working fine by filling both air tanks after 30 minutes however, the ABS light is ON and that is not recommended for moving the bus or driving the bus.
Is there an School Mechanic in Fayetteville or nearby?? I need to make sure my Schoolie is 100% ready and mechanically sound for my next trip to Connecticut where I'm planning to live next year.
I appreciate any help or advice related to the ABS system and why is not working when it was just parked and not moving.
Regards
Pinelander
you might get better results by starting a new thread with year of thomas/freightliner.
for Fayetteville i havent been there in awhile but i use a mobile mechanic for my inspections and they have an office near you
look up ADVANCED maitenance.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 10:41 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Thank you so much!
Regards
Pinelander
Pinelander2020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrician hi, florida mechanic