Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
Skoolie

No Skoolies, I'm bummed.

I was planning a family trip to Michigan Adventure and looking for a near by campground. Well, low and behold there is a campground right next to the park that looks very nice and is RVs no tent camping. I called for info and the nice young girl was very helpful but she had to ask the owners about my skoolie. I just got a call back from the girl, I had asked to talk to the owners directly but they were too cowardly to talk to do that, and the girl was very sorry that any converted skoolies will not be allowed. I wish there would be a way to make them feel my disappointment. I would boycott them, but they have already done that by not allowing skoolies. I guess I don't belong where I don't fit the image they want. I camp with a skoolie for safety, durability, cost efficiency. I didn't even consider that my image was second class. Shame on them, I hope that they run there rules and park out of business.

Train-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Re: No Skoolies, I'm bummed.

what's the name of the park?
Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #3
Skoolie

Duck Creek RV Resort
Train-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSmashy
My mother in law brought this up to us when we bought our bus. They are almost full time RVers with one of the big coaches. She was worried that we would not be able to park at RV parks with a converted bus. I don't actually plan on spending a lot of time in RV parks but I thought that it was an odd restriction. I guess maybe it is to make the people that dropped $250k on a shoddily built coach feel better about their purchase so they don't have to see a $10k converted bus rolling in with the same amenities.

We made reservations at the Desert Rose RV park in Fernley, NV for our trip up to Burning Man this year and they were quite happy to make them even after hearing about our Skoolie. The park comes highly recommended by other Burners.

But like vanguy says, if the economy doesn't star picking up, a lot of these "exclusive" parks will probably be changing their tune soon.
And a lot of these $100,000.00 + coaches will be for sale or on blocks at a trailer park, paying lot rent. We looked at a 2008 coach (don't remember the brand now) in SLC, Ut. a couple months ago. Biggest rv dealer in Ut. "Giant blow out sale-Everything must go" Just out of curiosity, hopped aboard this stick and staple. Salesman come in, tells us an "Old Couple" bought this back east, got to SLC, and wanted a bigger one. Traded it in. 4,400 miles on it. He said it sold new for $197.000.00 We could get into it for $101,000.00 I smiled and left. It seems luxury really holds it's value. They had a lot full of these they were trying to get rid of.

I don't want to park my "hand built" RV next to Muffy & Biff anyway. I'd be to tempted to steal thier shiney rims, take thier imported beer and give them a good spanking, along with the RV park owner.

Conan (not Obrien) was asked what it best in life. He stated:
"To crush my enemies, have them driven before me and hear the lamentations of thier women."
Old 08-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
I will say again, there should be a post pinned for these sites. Add their names to the list so the members will have one thread to look at for places to avoid, as well as the lurkers to see.

That way when they are begging for ANY campers, you can drive by & laugh at them & remind then that when they did't need the $$, they were too uppity for skoolies.

Screw 'em!
Smitty
Good idea Smitty. Make it so #1
Old 08-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Dont forget to put their Phone Number too. It's alot of fun to call places and ask for things that they have said they wont carry/take/do. They said that they dont take skoolies, Then alot of people should call them up and ask if they take skoolies.

Might as well rub their noses in it.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
Almost There

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 8.2L Detroit Diesel
Rated Cap: 54

I have to put my two cents in. I am in such agreement that these parks that cater to the "wealthy" snobs with their over-priced RVs are a f***ing joke. Get real, morons. Someone needs to start some RV parks that are catered to skoolies exclusively. They should have attractive landscaping and modern ammenities so as to attract many RV'ers. However, when some shallow yuppie pulls in in their quarter-million-dollar RV, they will be told to hit the road.

At any rate, all these people who dwell on their personal wealth and their material posessions are totally lost. They have no idea where the real value in life is. I hope that someday they have to answer to the man upstairs for all their greed and sins.

-Adam
arfisher83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #8
Almost There

Coachwork: international
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 22

Even some of the KOAs act snoddy . We stayed in oneat St.Augustine Bch . They put us in the back and the motorhome rude jerks brought their dogs to our lot to poop. I started to scoop it up and throw it at their front door but of course I didn't . We paid the same amount they did but were not treated as good .
These same preppys of today were hippys years ago . Boy did they change their way of thinking . I didn't like them as hippys and even less as preppies.
shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote