Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2021, 09:25 PM   #1

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: CAT 3200
Rated Cap: 78
Oregon in a Skoolie ... where?

My life has taken insane turns. I once loved Northern California, but have found dreadful aspects and feel I need to move on. I loved Oregon when I was there, but did not live in a school bus. I am definitely more liberal and laid back. I am 54 and need a place to settle and call home. I love the mountains and enjoy lakes and streams. I am on disability. It is likely my grown daughter and grandchildren would eventually move to be with me. I was thinking of Idaho, but the illegal marijuana thing makes it a no-go for me. Any suggestions would be very helpful at this point. I have to start over in life again basically at 54 after my ex took everything. New place to live, new things to do, new things to see, and new people to meet. My bus is very nice and painted beautifully. It fits well in RV parks when it comes to looks oh, but it is an 88 model. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you

Alone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:29 PM   #2

Year: 1985
Chassis: All American
Engine: CAT 3200
Rated Cap: 78
Jeezus, good looking out for a fellow traveler!
Alone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:41 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Not sure what you're looking for?

If marijuana being legal in any particular state you settle in is important, do your due diligence and find the state that best suits your needs.

I don't blame you for wanting to vacate CA., but reestablishing yourself in a new state could be harder than it sounds.

Since you're on disability and no longer working?, try travelling and spending time in the state(s) you think might work, then you'll have a better idea what's in store for you there.

Good luck...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:26 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Chassis: All American RE 40 FEET
Engine: Cummins 8.3
Some states are MJ legal some are not. Some like TX next door to me are down right hostile. CO is MJ friendly and has plenty of mountains lakes and streams. If MJ use and living in a skoolie is your future I would look seriously at AZ. You have the cooler north half for the summer and the warm southern half for the winter. RV license fees are very reasonable too. NM just legalized recreational MJ this last legislative session. NM is reasonable cost of living wise but has poor social support. I hoped that helped you.