Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Skoolie

Our Summer Home

Hey everyone,

I figured I would take a second and upload some pics of our seasonal campground. We typically stay all summer long, mid-May thru Sept here and this is where I converted Farold last September before our trips.

This is a view from our "front porch"

A view of our camper and fire pit that I put in last year.

I made this planter box out of scrap wood I had laying around. Leanne planted herbs in it. She planted onion chives, garlic chives, chamomile, lemon balm, peppermint, spearmint, parsley, and oregano in it.

In front of the camper we planted beats, watermelon, cantaloupe and radishes.

We talked to the owners of the campground and they let us put in a garden where a friend of ours pulled their camper out. The camper in the picture is my brother and sister-in-laws. We planted tomatoes, onions, sweet and hot bannana peppers, jalapenos, red, green and yellow peppers, some chili pepers, peas, beans cucumbers, zucchini, spaghetti squash, lavender and dill.

Another pic of the garden

Another view of the camper.

If anyone would like to take a trip come on up and see us

I would really "like" to find a nice location similar to this during the winters that we could take Farold to for the winter months. Can't make that happen right now but that is one of my goals.

travelinwithus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: Our Summer Home

Looking for same in TX. But want to own it ourselves. Goal is to buy a couple acres, start a business that will allow us to find a cooler spot during the really hot months. Don't look like we will ever get that winning lottery ticket!
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/AT545

Thanks for sharing the pics! I love all the edible gardening. I'm really wanting to grow some food myself, and have everything set up to do so, just don't have the time/energy. Maybe I'll just get a small container garden going on my back porch until I get more ambitious.
viewtopic.php?t=4959
Diesel Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
Looking for same in TX. But want to own it ourselves. Goal is to buy a couple acres, start a business that will allow us to find a cooler spot during the really hot months. Don't look like we will ever get that winning lottery ticket!
I too would love to own a couple acres. We are pretty fortunate that the owners of the campground allow us to do all the extra activities we do such as the garden and bus. Each time we get an idea of something to do it requires obtaining permission and it sure would be nice to just be able to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dan
Thanks for sharing the pics! I love all the edible gardening. I'm really wanting to grow some food myself, and have everything set up to do so, just don't have the time/energy. Maybe I'll just get a small container garden going on my back porch until I get more ambitious.
It does take time but at the same time it is pretty rewarding and fun watching the plants grow. We actually had to cover the garden last night because of a frost advisory. Gotta love Wisconsin weather!
travelinwithus is offline   Reply With Quote