Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2020, 06:05 AM   #381
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
Well I have to say not to sure about posting pictures of my where abouts when stay at home orders are going on. Of course the bus is home away from home so I am home all the time.

I did take a picture in the drive through at Wendy's in Charlestown SC.

The other morning heard people talking outside our bus. Took a look out the window and found a young couple with her sitting on a chair with guiter in hand and the husband/ boyfriend taking photos of her, with our bus as the backdrop. I did encourage some music to be played. She sung one of Taylor Swifts songs pretty well.

Ronnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:03 AM   #382
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
Well I have to say not to sure about posting pictures of my where abouts when stay at home orders are going on. Of course the bus is home away from home so I am home all the time.

I did take a picture in the drive through at Wendy's in Charlestown SC.

The other morning heard people talking outside our bus. Took a look out the window and found a young couple with her sitting on a chair with guiter in hand and the husband/ boyfriend taking photos of her, with our bus as the backdrop. I did encourage some music to be played. She sung one of Taylor Swifts songs pretty well.
YEah, I shoulda been more clear I reckon.
PLEASE- no one go putting themselves or anyone else at risk with any of this. Don't break any laws/orndinances. This is just to try and bring a little bit of "normal" back to the forum by seeing folks still using buses. Not everyone's gonna be able to do that.
I only take my bus around my neighborhood occasionally to get it up to temp when moving it around and stuff. I'll probably be more a "judge" than a participant in any of this for a lil while.

But yeah by all means- be courteous and considerate. Practice social distancing and civic responsibility!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:13 AM   #383
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
in my opinion theres no "stay-at-home" orders.. at least not in any state ive seen.. a few cities have curfews to curb crime but every state ive seen allows people to drive around and to go outside for bike rides, walks, etc..

the only run-in ive had with the police was when an officer said the bus name was cool, and saw i was enjoying a fresh take-out steak dinner on glass plates , smiled and said "now thats innovative.. I love it!" asked if he could take a picture to show his wife and went on his way.

from what ive seen is that they are after social distancing.. now if i had 6 people in the bus that didnt live with me then I think there would be issues
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:13 AM   #384
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
I know Ohio says get out and take a drive. But it was cold and snowing there. Woke up to 28' with snow blowing, at least it was not accumulating.

Maryland expects you to have a essential employee permit with you.

I have not been bothered in any state I have been in. I have spooked two people lately that thought no one was in the bus, when I poked my head out a window and said hello. One poor fellow jumped quite literally. So we do seem to be invisible even if the bus is not.
Ronnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:57 AM   #385
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Crown by Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: 230 HP DT 466e/MT 643!
Rated Cap: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
Where abouts are you now? Not stay-at-home any more? Safe travels.
We're in Texas, are headed west to get closer to Montana and out of the heat!! Montana is slowly scaling back their restrictions and we are hoping we will still have some sort of summer season. I manage a hotel outside of Glacier National Park and my wife is a Park ranger for the National Park Service. While we haven't yet received our start dates, we want to get a bit closer just in case.

Bus life, fortunately, is the perfect social distancing vehicle! We can be fully self-contained and not have any contact with people if we don't want to!

I'll get that pic once we are fueling up! Mask and gloves, of course!

John
johnbloem1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 10:14 AM   #386
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbloem1974 View Post
We're in Texas, are headed west to get closer to Montana and out of the heat!! Montana is slowly scaling back their restrictions and we are hoping we will still have some sort of summer season. I manage a hotel outside of Glacier National Park and my wife is a Park ranger for the National Park Service. While we haven't yet received our start dates, we want to get a bit closer just in case.

Bus life, fortunately, is the perfect social distancing vehicle! We can be fully self-contained and not have any contact with people if we don't want to!

I'll get that pic once we are fueling up! Mask and gloves, of course!

John
Thank you for being courteous and using PPE/distancing. We're all in this together.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:43 PM   #387
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
in my opinion theres no "stay-at-home" orders.. at least not in any state ive seen.. a few cities have curfews to curb crime but every state ive seen allows people to drive around and to go outside for bike rides, walks, etc..

Texas has a state-wide stay-at-home order in place, except for essential business and you can get out for exercise. The governor also suggests to wear a mask in public. While not mandatory, the essential businesses that are open can refuse to let you in.

So, until the stay-at-home orders are lifted we will be homebodies.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 05:38 PM   #388
Bus Geek

Quote:
Texas has a state-wide stay-at-home order in place, except for essential business and you can get out for exercise. The governor also suggests to wear a mask in public. While not mandatory, the essential businesses that are open can refuse to let you in.

Well thanks Sam, for doing your duty and being a good citizen.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:48 PM   #389
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:

Here in south Texas that stay at home is actually pretty lax. Restaurants inside are still closed but most have drive through or even delivery. Harris county has went a little bonkers but all in all not bad. I’ve been able to pretty much come and go without any problems. Every place that I’ve needed supplies for the bus is open and doing business.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote