Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2022, 07:13 PM   #1

Question Urban living (Chicago)

Hello all,
We are converting an International IC3S530 (just starting framing and wiring) for full-time living+working and have a bit of a dilemma. While I anticipated working remotely which is much more conducive to our desired skoolie-lifestyle, there is a distinct possibility of us having to move to Chicago for a year or two (it depends). This isn't ideal but I'm hoping to play with the hand we're dealt and find a place to park the bus (including water and power) and live full time.
We don't know a ton about Chicago but looking around it seems there's a mix of suburbs and dense city so what we're hoping is to find a kind person/community in a nice neighborhood within a reasonable distance (I'd be working directly downtown, so ~30min by car and close to metro) to rent a lot from. Even better if we can set up a shelter to keep us shielded during the winter.
While it feels like this is the antithesis of skoolie life I hope there are other people who were/are in our shoes who can give some advice on this kind of situation. Where did you start looking/who did you talk to/what did you look for online, that kind of thing.

tl;dr where can we find a place to live in our skoolie in Chicago?
I appreciate anyone's help who can provide some good resources or anecdotes that could help us navigate this.

bussee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chicago, lots, midwest, rent, urban camping