Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #21

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Re: 1982 International "War-Hog" S1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnati_kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal
Quote:
Once again I think Bish relaxed because even at 5mph I go to make the left turn onto the access road and the bus DOES NOT follow. I feel it push the truck forward as I turn left and the tires SCREAM. Bish slams on the brakes as I squak over the radio for him to turn. All I hear is laughing from his end
[quote:270euyt1]I test the brakes. Spongy is not the right word, but it's the first that comes to mind. I some-how manage to safely back her out of the garage (foot almost on the floor)
[quote:270euyt1]It can drive on it's own and the brakes can NOW best be described as snagging a tree with a 150-lb anchor. But it is still not legal.
Quote:
I just want to re-iterate... THIS WAS ILLEGAL AND SHOULD NEVER BE DONE!!!
Quote:
Did you happen to miss the part where it was running? brakes, engine transmission all working with driver operating it?
I didn't miss anything. Maybe it is you that didn't read what you wrote. Just because I don't have a mechanical engineering background and don't work at Lockheed Martin doesn't mean I can't read and comprehend what you wrote. What about your driver? Was he one of the mechanical engineering background, Lockheed Martin( a company that none of us have heard of) employed friends(that makes thingies that fly) that you speak of? I think that your cavalier and snotty response to someone that showed concern about you towing follies is what set me off. You still don't think you did anything wrong. So be it. Nothing I say will change that. But just know that there are dickheads like me that will call the Highway Patrol in a heartbeat when they see such lunacy endangering other motorist. What if some kid ran out in the street and your test pilot backup driver was daydreaming again, what would you do?

Quote:
Oh and before you think ithat metal was weak and could have failed. I have a mechanical engineering background and so do the some of my friends. There are just a few of us at Lockheed Martin. You know that little company that makes thinks that fly? Perhaps you haven't heard of it.
These are all your words, not mine.[/quote:270euyt1]

What if some kid walked in front of you in your legal to drive on the road everyday car and you were not paying attention and hit him? Do you think you would not get charged? Your statement here has little to no merit. Anyone behind the wheel of any vehicle need to be paying attention and alert. What they did was not exactly the best way to go about it but i cannot say to get a bus a mile or so i would do the same.

So you are saying if you were on a busy freeway and you broke a u-joint in your bus you would just sit on a very narrow shoulder and endanger yourself and others and if someone with an f150 offered to pull you to the next exit you would say no.

If the engine was running the brakes still work the steering still works and the stopping distance of that bus is no greater than if it was moving under its own power. Hell it should be less.[/quote:270euyt1]

Sorry, but your reasoning does nothing for me. I believe your arguments have no merit. I was addressing what happened(except for the kid walking out in the street). You write about nothing but hypotheticals. I think you need to read from the very beginning and read everything.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnati_kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal
Sorry, but your reasoning does nothing for me. I believe your arguments have no merit. I was addressing what happened(except for the kid walking out in the street). You write about nothing but hypotheticals. I think you need to read from the very beginning and read everything.

I have read it all. It was illegal and not the smartest thing to do but when you say he was endangering peoples lives i do not think that is the case.

What do you call this?

Quote:
But us stopping less than 2 feet from oncoming (stopped) traffic probably left a few seats with holes in them, or maybe just brown pants.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 05-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #23

This is going nowhere. We will just agree that we disagree.

You Gotta Let Me Fly