Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #201
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 546
What to do with the pesky fuel door...Hmmm...

__________________
Don and Mary
dond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #202
Bus Crazy
 
milkmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oklahoma aka "God's blind spot"
Posts: 2,437
Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
cool!

do they even show Looney Tunes Cartoons anymore?
or are they deemed too violent by today's standards?
I don't use cable or satellite, so I have no clue....

I'm still mad @ George Jetson...
no instant 1 meals
no space cars
no robots maid

I feel betrayed
__________________
I once complained I had no shoes....
Until I met a man with no feet
milkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #203
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 546
Ah-ha! Right around the corner on the rear of the bus is Wile E's intended victim!

Will he fall for it...beep-beep.
__________________
Don and Mary
dond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #204
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 546
We have found that more artwork, more tailgaters
__________________
Don and Mary
dond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:39 PM   #205
Bus Geek
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 8,462
Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Looney Tunes is still around, but when Mel Blanc died...the voices were never the same.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:58 PM   #206
Bus Nut
 
REDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: ...little north of Toronto Ontario
Posts: 606
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomsass
Chassis: FreightShaker
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 5 speed
Rated Cap: 2 ATV's and friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by dond View Post
We have found that more artwork, more tailgaters

I'm sure it does, I'd slow down to take a peak driving by. Keep up the great job.
REDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #207
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,237
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
The paint you are doing- Its inspiring. I LOVE it.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:33 PM   #208
Bus Crazy
 
milkmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oklahoma aka "God's blind spot"
Posts: 2,437
Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
The paint you are doing- Its inspiring. I LOVE it.
this would make a cool mural across the back of the bus..... with a color changing light in back window

__________________
I once complained I had no shoes....
Until I met a man with no feet
milkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #209
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 546
Had a nice 3 night glampout at Dogtown Lake AZ. About 210 miles round trip.

Everything worked but the Onan began to show fuel starvation symptoms. Going to put in fresh gas, go from there.

Had a space in the CG that was partial sun and the solar/ batts kept up very well. Did run the engine for 1 hour to put some back. 19in TV, res. refer, XM, water pump and some lights. Woke up this morning after 3 nights to 12.2 volts.

The bus developed a clunk when turning right quickly. Sounds to me like a loose u bolt. If I turn back left it occurs, not as loud. Did run some very washboardy roads. Will check soon.

Here's some pics. This area has lots of potential for a boondock bus gathering, the vid shows some of the boonie area. Nice and cool at 7100 feet!

Dogtown Lake AZ 7 13 15 by dondq | Photobucket

__________________
Don and Mary
dond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:24 PM   #210
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Posts: 1,760
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: B3800 Short bus
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dond View Post
The bus developed a clunk when turning right quickly. Sounds to me like a loose u bolt. If I turn back left it occurs, not as loud. Did run some very washboardy roads. Will check soon.
What fun! Sounds like you may have a new kingpin in your not-to-distant future
__________________
My build page: Armageddon - The Smell of Airborne Rust
jazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:16 AM   #211
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winlcok, WA
Posts: 2,230
Depending upon where the clunk noise originates I would be more inclined to think you have a broken spring.

U-bolts rarely get loose but broken spring leaves not so uncommon.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:30 AM   #212
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzcoach View Post
Depending upon where the clunk noise originates I would be more inclined to think you have a broken spring.

U-bolts rarely get loose but broken spring leaves not so uncommon.
Thank you, I have started a new thread about this: http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f33/clunk-11441.html
__________________
Don and Mary
dond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:07 PM   #213
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 546
When we travel w/o a towed, this is our Red Neck continental kit.

I am going to build a swing down spare carrier one of these days.



__________________
Don and Mary
dond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #214
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 584
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
I like the spider web look!
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #215
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 546
We have a large fake sider that will adorn the net!
__________________
Don and Mary
dond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:21 PM   #216
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dond View Post
Off to the MVD and requested a body change from bus to MH.

Inspected, accepted and titled as a motorhome coach in AZ!

Got 5 year's tags for $211
What did the DMV require to change the title to motorhome? I sent them an email but the reply just was inspection and gave no details as to what was being inspected. I am trying to get all my ducks in a row before the purchase.

Thanks.

Eric
Emidd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:51 PM   #217
Bus Crazy
 
milkmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oklahoma aka "God's blind spot"
Posts: 2,437
Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by dond View Post
When we travel w/o a towed, this is our Red Neck continental kit.

I am going to build a swing down spare carrier one of these days.




looks great!

I built my Tailgator with doubled tube steel, with a male end that slides into suburban's receiver hitch, then a custom hitch mount slides into that for a ball to pull boat. Carry locking tote on tailgator with lifejackets and necessities

works great, and made a removable trailer light lead extension.

__________________
I once complained I had no shoes....
Until I met a man with no feet
milkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:00 PM   #218
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emidd27 View Post
What did the DMV require to change the title to motorhome? I sent them an email but the reply just was inspection and gave no details as to what was being inspected. I am trying to get all my ducks in a row before the purchase.

Thanks.

Eric
They told me a level 3 was needed plus 4 of 6 of these.

Cooking (I had a 2 burner Coleman on a little cabinet)
Water supply (I had a garden hose)
Toilet (I had that bolted down, no holding tank yet)
110v elect (I had a large gauge ext. cord)
Refrigeration (I had a small residential unit strapped to the wall)
Heat (I had a portable heater)

When I meet with the inspectors, they said only a L2 was needed and after they looked over the bus (very quickly) they collected my insp. fee and sent me to the front for plates and such. I did tell them, "as you can see my intentions are to convert to an RV." (The seats were all out.) There was some constructiony looking tools and stuff too.

They were more interested in my plans for a conv. and asked if I could bring it by after it was finished so they could check it out...Not officially
Our bus did have a current HP insp. sticker and they saw that right away commenting on what good shape the bus was in.

Inside they had a bit of trouble determining the NEW price for the bus but a supr. helped out, found the info. and we where good to go. They were very on my side and wanted to get it taken care of properly. I was happy, they were too.

I went to the Prescott MVD BTW, they are always very pro. and helpful.

They looked at the VIN, did a quick walkthrough and that's really about it.
__________________
Don and Mary
dond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #219
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dond View Post
They told me a level 3 was needed plus 4 of 6 of these.

Cooking (I had a 2 burner Coleman on a little cabinet)
Water supply (I had a garden hose)
Toilet (I had that bolted down, no holding tank yet)
110v elect (I had a large gauge ext. cord)
Refrigeration (I had a small residential unit strapped to the wall)
Heat (I had a portable heater)

When I meet with the inspectors, they said only a L2 was needed and after they looked over the bus (very quickly) they collected my insp. fee and sent me to the front for plates and such. I did tell them, "as you can see my intentions are to convert to an RV." (The seats were all out.) There was some constructiony looking tools and stuff too.

They were more interested in my plans for a conv. and asked if I could bring it by after it was finished so they could check it out...Not officially
Our bus did have a current HP insp. sticker and they saw that right away commenting on what good shape the bus was in.

Inside they had a bit of trouble determining the NEW price for the bus but a supr. helped out, found the info. and we where good to go. They were very on my side and wanted to get it taken care of properly. I was happy, they were too.

I went to the Prescott MVD BTW, they are always very pro. and helpful.

They looked at the VIN, did a quick walkthrough and that's really about it.
Thanks a lot for all that info. I always get a little nervous dealing with MVD.
Emidd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 12:20 PM   #220
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 546


__________________
Don and Mary
dond is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I drank the Kool-Aid opus Skoolie Conversion Projects 176 06-03-2016 09:12 AM
Plan in works to fix 'Electric Kool-Aid Acid' bus lornaschinske School Bus News 0 03-16-2013 11:25 AM
15 kool buses for auction citrus co Florida racetearoffs2 Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap 2 02-12-2009 03:01 PM
Olde Skool update 7-7-07 KaptnKAOS Skoolie Conversion Projects 0 07-08-2007 12:42 AM
Old Skool's Got brake lights !!! KaptnKAOS Conversion General Discussions 16 06-26-2007 02:41 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.