Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2021, 02:30 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 2007
Chassis: Collins
Engine: 6.6L LMM Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
Open your JPEGs in a picture editor of some sort, make sure they're rotated the way you want them, and then save them in PNG format before uploading them. JPEGs sometimes contain a piece of metadata that says what orientation they were taken in; phones often set this value while also swapping the x and y axes of the bitmap, which results in a sort of double rotation when displayed on this forum. PNGs don't have any orientation property so this problem is always avoided (they're a bit larger than JPEGs, however).

My build thread is all-PNG, no rotation problems.
I was hoping you would reply here because I couldn't explain when you had me start converting my photos in my thread!! Mine has worked great ever since I started using metadata remover and image convertor to covert to PNG like you suggested! Thanks!

Frochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:58 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Freightliner
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
That’s a great looking little bus for a great price. I like that the lift is in the rear.

2002 Freightliner FS65 30’
2mchprssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:14 PM   #23

I'm a skoolie dreamer at this point, but you have super-cute bus that ought to fit well in tight spaces.

Since it's a flat floor inside, I assume the tires are smaller diameter than the typical 11R22.5. What size wheels and tires does it have, and are the rears and fronts the same size?
JimOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:54 AM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: DT444E
The bus is on 19.5"s instead of the 22.5"s you generally see. I kinda wish it had the 22.5"s though, the wheels on it now look small in the front wheel well haha. I don't know if there are any serious pro's or con's when it comes to 19.5"s vs 22.5"s.
HighNoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:04 AM   #25
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Ride quality.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:30 PM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: DT444E
I'm not sure they'd fit in the rear wheel wells, but could 22.5"s from another International 3800 but just be swapped on or is there more that would need to be considered before making the change?
HighNoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:43 PM   #27
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: 3000 / 33' Flat Nose
Engine: IC T444E / Allison MT643
Rated Cap: 72 Kids / 48 Adults
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighNoone View Post
I appreciate the info! It pulled strong right up to 65mph then just "cut out" like you said. At 65mph I was running a shade lower than 2k RPM. I called IH with the VIN before I bought it, they said its governed to 65mph and has 4:44 gearing on the rear. I didn't know that the cruise control could be turned on/off via the computer... mine isn't working currently so I'd be interested to see if its turned off in the ECU. I'd be pretty happy if it was that EZ a fix. I'm not trying to turn it into a speed machine, but it'd be nice to have the ability to do 70+ briefly when/as needed.
Suggestion: Before you take it to IC and pay them $150, consider buying your own RP1210 diagnostic link. I bought one, downloaded the free ServiceMaxx software, connected to my ECM and laptop and turned on my cruise, adjusted some differential info (I changed from 5:11 to 4:10), etc. You can also change your own speed limiter settings. Plus, you now can talk to your ECM any ol' time you need to, including diagnostic codes!

I bought mine from Grandview. Seems to be a one man operation, but when I called him he was really helpful. There are others, but I like what I got for the price.

My other suggestion is about your bus seats. I didn't think about where passengers would sit and how I would attach seatbelts, as many states require them. I wish I had kept one of the bench seats as installed and planned my interior around it.

Really like your bus. I have a 33' flat nose, but sometimes wish I had gone your route. It's would have fit my parking situation better. Plus, I love the back door and lift door for egress/ingress and access to storage under whatever you may build in those areas.