Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2022, 04:43 PM   #1

2005 Ford MicroBus Electrical Help Needed

My wife just bought a bus and I get to help her with it. Runs pretty well but couple electrical issues that should be simple (right?) but i'm a little lost.

1) Radio not working - assume its a fuse, at least want to check first
2) middle set of lights not turning on. (i've swapped bulbs with known working ones, voltmeter to the sockets) Assuming fuse as well.

For both items I've looked for fuse diagram but just keep coming up with ford trucks. Seems like radio would be in the main vehicle fuse box but lights may be above drivers head in special electrical box.

Does anyone have a fuse diagram that applies to this bus?
Can anyone confirm where the where each fuse might be?
I pulled about half the fuses in the main vehicle box (under steering wheel) but couldn't find a bad fuse.

For bonus points....my understanding is the flashing lights need to be disabled, backed up by the power to the yellows flash controller being cut. Is that the case and can everything connected to it be removed from that electrical box?
Thanks in advance. Hope to find some answers here while I keep looking.

Erigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 11:19 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Sorry mate, can't help on electrical questions. Just a comment about school bus lights on the front/rear. I don't know the laws in your State, but after checking with my local Highway Patrol office, found I needed to get rid of the Red lens (not if the lights work or not - need to get rid of the Red lens) on the front of the bus. I swapped them with Amber ones on the rear; now have 4 amber on front; 4 Red on the rear. That and removing School Bus decals - I'm now legal. Yellow paint; no issue.
Don in E Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 11:25 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT 466 Mech. Spicer 5 speed
Rated Cap: 34
Not real sure-- but I think on Fords, the fuses are only numbered in the fuse box-- you have to look in the owners manual to see what number fuse does what....
PorchDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
450, electrical, ford, fuse, microbus