Progress has been a little bit slower the past couple of weeks, but I did get around to installing my solar panels on the roof. Two, 250W Trina panels that I picked up locally for $50 a piece. I used the Z-brackets below to mount the panels to the roof.
I initially installed with the self tapping screws provided with the kit, but quickly realized that wasn't going to be enough. On the surface that mounts to the roof I tapped a 1/4-20 hole all the way through the roof then used a 2-1/4" bolt to secure it. I used a combination of silicone foam, silicone sealant and the tape below to prevent any leaks.