Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2021, 06:09 PM   #181
Skoolie

Year: 2011
Coachwork: Girardin Microbird G5 HC
Chassis: GMC 4500
Engine: Vortex 6
Rated Cap: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by peakbus View Post
Wow, those doors will be awesome!

Hi Peakbus,

I love the doors. In my younger years, I was an antique dealer, and still can't resist some things- the doors were a total bonus score.

I think the bookcase will be gone tomorrow. One of the local school teachers is interested in it for her classroom.

After looking at the doors this morning and the wall slant in the bus (as the walls rise in height, they begin to slant/narrow inwards), I have decided to reach out to a cabinet maker I know. They do awesome, high-end custom furniture and built-ins for island McMansions. They would be the best bet for me to utilize the doors to their best advantage for the bus and my needs. I just don't want to take the chance and end up ruining the doors.

Vineyardseashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 07:36 PM   #182

Year: 2010
Coachwork: Bluebird/Girardin
Engine: 6l v8 ls chevy
I've got a 2010 girardin microbird I'm demoing right now. Any updates on your build?
Trever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 06:54 PM   #183
Skoolie

Year: 2009
Coachwork: Girardin
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 6.6 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: ?
Hey Clynn, i have been thinking about you as of late. Any updates for us? Hope all is well❤
Buster Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 12:52 PM   #184
Mini-Skoolie

wiring help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyardseashell View Post
ROTFLMAO...I to, am trying to get in the bus before winter sets in; don't think I am going to make it. To be perfectly honest, if I had known my bus was in such decent condition underneath the trappings, I would be doing the same as you, and would be much further along- hence why I am envious of you guys! In the long run though, it's all good; I am learning more about my bus everyday, enhancing my skills and finding the confidence to do it.

Send me a PM with your email, and I will send the wiring diagrams over.

Clyn
I know it's been a while but I was wondering if you had the electrical schematic for this bus?
I just bought a 2008 Girardin and am trying to trace the wired switches to the fuse panel and beyond to the apparatus they control. The prev. owner started renovating it but quit. I've since noticed hanging wires and missing fuses from the fuse panel. Plus I would like to utilize any unused doghouse switches. HELP? Thanks. Bob
Bob B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 03:03 PM   #185
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Girardin Microbird MB-IV
Chassis: Ford E450
Engine: 7.3 Diesel
Rated Cap: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob B. View Post
I know it's been a while but I was wondering if you had the electrical schematic for this bus?
I just bought a 2008 Girardin and am trying to trace the wired switches to the fuse panel and beyond to the apparatus they control. The prev. owner started renovating it but quit. I've since noticed hanging wires and missing fuses from the fuse panel. Plus I would like to utilize any unused doghouse switches. HELP? Thanks. Bob
Contact Girardin. I was able to give them my VIN and they sent me schematics as well as some other details.
peakbus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluebird, girardin, micro bird