Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2018, 12:05 AM   #1

Another Layout Feedback Request

Haven’t purchased yet but playing around with ideas, feeling things out before we take the dive and make the big purchase. Would love some feedback to see if we’re on the right track with our thinking overall.

I’ve attached two VERY similar layouts. Just swapped the bench and kitchen areas. I personally am liking the one where the kitchen shares a wall with the “bathroom” the best but it does feel a tad tight on that side.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
33F7DF43-01FA-4505-B13A-BE63478CD41F.jpg   248B18D0-4691-4379-844F-F014701AA001.jpg  

Adamk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Allison AT545
Rated Cap: 71
I like it!

Going for a short bus? Looks like you've got everything tetrised in there pretty nicely!

When the kitchen shares a wall with the bathroom, your pipes don't have to run around the bus so much, localized water, it's handy methinks. But even so, if you have more space with the other layout, it's probably worth it. Space is a premium in busses!

With the second floorplan, the popup table by the bench would allow someone to sit on the corner of the bed, makes a little more sitting space?

One tip: Draw up some more floorplans, even if you're not really into the layout, draw it, play with it, you might find something you like better that you didn't consider before. I've drawn up like 20 floorplans. Ironically, I ended up with something similar to the first floorplans I did, but better lol
DreamWeaverBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeaverBus View Post
I like it!

Going for a short bus? Looks like you've got everything tetrised in there pretty nicely!

When the kitchen shares a wall with the bathroom, your pipes don't have to run around the bus so much, localized water, it's handy methinks. But even so, if you have more space with the other layout, it's probably worth it. Space is a premium in busses!

With the second floorplan, the popup table by the bench would allow someone to sit on the corner of the bed, makes a little more sitting space?

One tip: Draw up some more floorplans, even if you're not really into the layout, draw it, play with it, you might find something you like better that you didn't consider before. I've drawn up like 20 floorplans. Ironically, I ended up with something similar to the first floorplans I did, but better lol

Thanks for the feedback and advice! Definitely going the short bus route - just don’t see myself going for anything larger anytime soon. Also, great point about running the pipes and having the bath/kitchen share a wall. Little things like that you don’t think about when you start drawing this stuff out.

I’ve played around with changing the bed to a horizontal position but that only allows for 2 feet of space at the end of the bed (if I keep it a standard length which I’d prefer). Feels too small for a wet head but could be a possibility.

Of course the the bathroom is a luxury. But I’ve got a wife who probably won’t let this happen without it!
Adamk89 is offline   Reply With Quote