Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2016, 12:11 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Badger Bus

1985 GMC 4 window 5.7l vortec v8. Purchased this bus about a month ago. My body would tell you that I am a lot further into the conversion than I really am! So sore! I got a lot done though! When I bought the bus it was already stripped down. All the factory seats removed and a new subfloor installed. It was already painted and stuff too, so I didn't have to do any of that to get it legal in that sense. I have a kitchen area, which eventually will house a small sink and a 2 burner propane stove. Underneath that I will have a 12v fridge. Next to the kitchen area I have a large multipurpose storage area. this will provide bulk storage for whatever and house the brains for solar. in the back is a custom bed/seating area. It measures 58" deep x 91" wide. I have ordered a ton of bulk foams and will construct the seats/bed myself considering it is a custom size. As you can see in the pictures, the area has two modes. sleep mode, where the center is in the down position, and entertainment mode where I can elevate the center of the area to create a "U" seating area with a table in the center to entertain guests. so far, that is about it. There is still a ~5ft wide area nearest the passenger door that I can construct something, but honestly, I am thinking of just bolting down a recliner. I could probably get more creative with that extra space and add more storage or maybe a bathroom type area, but I have no better excuse than I am just tired of figuring out how to build stuff XD

Here is a link to my imgur album with the pictures of my progress thus far.

Skoolie build - Album on Imgur

LtBattleBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:57 PM   #2
Almost There

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford E-450 Super Duty
Engine: PowerStroke 7.3L Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 14,000 lbs
Nice work!
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:27 PM   #3