If you own or have owned a shuttle bus like the one described -- what problems have you run into? I know they are known to get rusted in spark plugs and to be pretty poopy to put it nicely. Wellllll I bought one. I'm wondering if it's a lost cause and should trade ASAP or if it's not that bad. I was so excited about it until I realized the issues I can run into with it.
Some extra info on the bus:
- Only 1 other owner - a school district that bought brand new and kept very well maintained
- turtle top fiberglass shell
- braun wheelchair lift I plan to remove
- 31,000 miles! (used for special needs children for short occasional trips)
- battery was usually plugged in which I'm guessing was b/c of wheelchair lift sucking power... once I remove it should be okay?
- new wheels (~100 miles on them)
- new brakes
- gas so probably 8-9 MPG
- driver and passenger seat which is neat
- 21' long
Since I just got a job out of college that cannot be long term remote I will be using the bus for long weekend or week long trips for the next 1.5 - 2 years. After that, I plan to live in it full time moving it seasonally.
So does anyone have something similar??? How much $ have you put into yours for repairs and was it worth it? Any and all info appreciated.