Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2019, 03:44 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Toilet and shower left rear for sure. Tanks below and/or sewer connection directly below.

I put hot and cold water on both sides of my aisle. Some say not to but it was in my design. I knew how to plumb it and make it work well.
Not well enough that it didn't freeze one quick, extended, cold snap. Been a lot of work to check out and repair with framing happening and closing certain areas up.
So, make all your pipe runs accessible and warm, this includes pump, tanks , hoses, etc.
Makes life much easier if stuff fails.

Nice layout in a short distance but build everything after shower and toilet to divide your space up.

John

Old 01-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #22
Skoolie

Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Cat C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
Toilet and shower left rear for sure. Tanks below and/or sewer connection directly below.

I put hot and cold water on both sides of my aisle. Some say not to but it was in my design. I knew how to plumb it and make it work well.
Not well enough that it didn't freeze one quick, extended, cold snap. Been a lot of work to check out and repair with framing happening and closing certain areas up.
So, make all your pipe runs accessible and warm, this includes pump, tanks , hoses, etc.
Makes life much easier if stuff fails.

Nice layout in a short distance but build everything after shower and toilet to divide your space up.

John
That helps. Thanks. Everything will be warm except gray tank under shower. I’m thinking 12v heating pad if needed. How did you run water across the aisle, through subfloor framing?

Joe
TeacherJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:18 PM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
The point I crossed the aisle was approx 1/2 way from rear to back of driver seat, 15 feet. That worked well for me to cross there as that area was determined by everything I built from the left rear moving forward. Those being my woodstove in far rear 5-6ft. Next was where my toilet went because tthe tank is right underneath there. So had plumbing there to do. Figured my bathtub was next moving forward so yup, more lines to run.
For a kitchen sink I used a salon sink just because it was more useful and $10 bucks. That was it from the left side except the feed for the bus water supply. It just came up through the floor where it didn't interfere but it still needed to cross the aisle.

I had no choice but to go both sides as my tank and pump and hot water tank were on that side.
So in all, I had about 6 or 7 runs across the aisle of 1/2" copper.
The crossing was an elevated tunnel I guess about 5 inches, splitting the length of the bus in two. A simple frame dressed with barnboard.
That allowed me to run my rear flooring planks straight back to the door.
Fourteen footers they ended up most about 12-14" wide. Looks nautical to me.
The floor to the front is completely different to the rear but all wood.

Most of my wood was salvaged and old, cut with hand saws and water power saws. Nice effects everywhere I look in the finish and grains.

Sorry, got on a role. Forgot to mention, I had over 200 solder joints to make crossing the floor and connecting everything. Had 2 minor leaks ...so learned a lot about soldering in confined areas. With soldering you let the smoke out, unlike electrical apparatus.

John