Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Goshen
Rated Cap: 12
Bus taken by fire

I was always planning on adding photos of this bus here.. It was a loyal and most enjoyable short-bus. We took it every, to NHRA events, concerts, and cross country to Yellowstone, San Francisco, Texas and back to CT. We've had it since some time around 2006. It was donated by a company out of New York. Since then we converted it to be a handicap RV. There was a medical bed all the way up front, and we left enough room to have a wheelchair a fridge, microwave, amp/subs, it was just amazing. I will miss it so much.
Wish I posted pictures before this happened.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

helpspaghettiarms.org

Wheelchairdude94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Ford e-450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 14
Re: Bus taken by fire

That totally sucks man. Sorry for your loss.
You mentioned CT.--I know where there are a few shorties sitting (former city transit busses) if you're looking to start over. PM me + I'll fill you in on what I know.

my bus build https://www.skoolie.net/gallery/Skoolies/Sped
sdwarf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

The fire marshall says it was some type of electrical fire, because the engine was new and dry, there was no leaks or anything. It was very hard to determine because of all the damage. Another possibility is that something got picked up off and it got caught between the engine and the exhaust manifold, there was really know way to say for sure. It started in the engine compartment on the driver side, thats where the most damage is.
I had just gotten out of it, and its been running fine. This is the last thing I would have ever expected.

New Jasper Chevy 350 engine, transmission, tires, wheels, brakes, nothing should have happened
Old 07-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

I could only imagine what would have been done if I were in the bus, would definitely not been an easy task getting out, same for that poor man!
Insurance may cover some, but none of the conversions were documented and its a private vehicle so if anything is covered it will be for a Savana van. Some is better than none though. Also 50 feet closer to our house and it may have been covered under home insurance..
Old 07-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

Man sorry about that.
To bad they do not know exactly what happened. Hope you get some money from the insurance company.
syke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

hope you make out good from insurance. glad you are okay!
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: dunno
Chassis: na
Engine: na

Totally sorry for your loss. It is my worst fear going into this. I'll have everything I own and most of my resources poured into it...Your disaster prompted me to dig around online and found this..http://www.firetrace.com/english/applic ... page=buses

I have no idea how much but I bet not cheap, but leveraged against the value of the contents of your bus and possibly your life it would a wise buy and its on my list now
willz0072002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Hey Willz thanks for that, looks like we will need to get that in our next bus. Just an update, we got a new bus, a 2000 Ford E-350 Goshen Coach. It's very nice, only 50,000 miles, was taken off the road early and bought cheap. The owner saw our story in the newspaper and donated it to us, I will start a new thread and post a picture of it and try to keep updated with our project. Many people have been extremely generous and donated a crazy amount of money so we will be back on the road soon, just gotta start the build.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

glad you found another bus! welcome aboard team goshen lol
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks for the membership I love the interior of a Goshen
Old 08-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1987
Coachwork: International
Chassis: International
Engine: International 6.9L diesel
Rated Cap: 71

I'm looking to sell my skoolie. All done. Nothing left to do to it except personalize it. 1987 International. Remanufactured 6.9L International (Not Ford. there IS a difference) Diesel. New tires, windows tinted all around (Legal 60% tint). tow hitch. four burner propane stove with broiler.
I can send detailed description. Will be painting it "Dune Tan" shortly. Recently passed two year safety inspection. espiritusengineering@yahoo.com
fishphart is offline   Reply With Quote