Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-17-2019, 05:56 PM   #61
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 2,065
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_SwiftFur View Post
Hence why I didn't say it wouldn't work at all ... just that it wouldn't work very well. Unless you planned on doing one of those drive-a-long-distance-in-reverse publicity stunts.
No, thanx all the same! I've done enough personal backsliding, I don't want my bus following suit.
(Would that be, "following?" That infers forward movement. Maybe it would backtrack my backslide... )
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:25 PM   #62
Almost There
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The tops of mountains, the bottoms of valleys, and everywhere in between.
Posts: 82
Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: international
Engine: T444E
That chrome paint looks crazy! Mikey(the bf) is going to want to paint everything chrome now. Cups, bikes, shoes, totes, the cat, even his tootherbrush.
But i think this really settles the debate. I like the white really. Maintanance is a key factor. I also want to put a small deck up top at some point as well as some solar panels. And me and my retinas have a good relationship as of yet.

I will definitly do the fluid analysis once I am in san diego. Ill be taking the beaut on a few long drives initially.

I hope the bus sold to me. I asked him for that one specifically. Honestly I wouldnt be suprised if someone swooped it. The guy I had been working with has great timing when it comes to me and buses. Everytime I think Im getting a bus, he needs a few days to pay me. Buses go fast.

Thank you all for your help so far. You are life savers.

the first bus has me feeling like I ma be sitting in an ashtray. Not that ashtrays arent great places for sitting. Im just not interested in them myself.

This one has air brakes as well.

Im just beaming with joy!
HenrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:35 PM   #63
Almost There
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The tops of mountains, the bottoms of valleys, and everywhere in between.
Posts: 82
Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: international
Engine: T444E
I pretty sure all of this will break the universe. Gravity is in control of time. The only way any of this works is if we can get to the other side of the big bang. Then we can actually watch particules backtrack. If we can get far enough away from the Big Bang we might be able to negotiate this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
LOLNo, thanx all the same! I've done enough personal backsliding, I don't want my bus following suit.
(Would that be, "following?" That infers forward movement. Maybe it would backtrack my backslide... )
HenrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:42 AM   #64
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 2,065
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Hoping never to be perceived as being in possession of an excess of gravitas, gravity (as a function of mass) and acceleration determine at what rate Time progresses.
Currently scaled in in excess of 16k pounds, I have a respectible mass to work with. However, with it's 175 HP T444E engine, achieving escape velocity becomes problematic. The only probable opportunity of being cited for excessive velocity would be while traversing thru a school zone.
This happens when the ECM assumes complete throttle control. I can't find fault with my bus trying to minimize the opportunity to once again be subjected to having gum-spitting, booger-smearing little beacons of tomorrow on board...
Tangential aside aside, the concept of Time is based on mass and acceleration, but without witness borne, it is merely an interesting mathematical oddity.
Akin to Schroedinger's Cat, no knowledge can be truly gleaned without direct observation. "Is the cat alive?", "Is the cat dead?", "How'd you stuff the cat into that little box without getting your arms raked to shreds?" Its inquiries like these that make science powerful.
Completing the equation; gravity, acceleration, and observation create Time. Time is an intrinsically flawed concept however, due to it's inherently subjective nature, which results from it's observer.
The observed rate at which Time proceeds is an inverse function of activity occurring at any specific Time/Space juncture.
Cruising down the road, heartily partying in the wilds, Time passes with an alarming alacrity.
As you will soon discover, while removing the seats from the bus, the obverse becomes the norm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrysCat View Post
I pretty sure all of this will break the universe. Gravity is in control of time. The only way any of this works is if we can get to the other side of the big bang. Then we can actually watch particules backtrack. If we can get far enough away from the Big Bang we might be able to negotiate this.
And while I respectfully remain dubious that once this event's over the horizon it will break the Universe, I maintain a high confidence level that getting a bus will, at the very least, change your world!
Good navigation, early on in this reality construct crushing course, as you've done, helps ensure you don't blindly fly into a Black Hole of a money pit...
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:52 AM   #65
Bus Crazy
 
CHEESE_WAGON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,302
Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Who let Sheldon, Amy, Raj, Bernadette, and Leonard in here?
No offense intended, of course, just something that struck me funny from "Space Cowboys".
__________________

"CHEESE WAGON" <anomaly.va@gmail.com> Suggested reading: (5 threads)
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:00 AM   #66
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 2,065
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
ummm...
It appears the OP is the aforementioned!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON View Post
Who let Sheldon, Amy, Raj, Bernadette, and Leonard in here?
And where's Walowitz..?
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:03 AM   #67
Bus Crazy
 
CHEESE_WAGON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,302
Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Yeah, I actually changed my post a bit... Uploaded the wrong pic at first anyway. ;) No offense intended, I just have an oddball sense of humor...
__________________

"CHEESE WAGON" <anomaly.va@gmail.com> Suggested reading: (5 threads)
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:10 AM   #68
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 2,065
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
No offense taken.
Yeah, a more relevant image, tho the original jpg, "The Thinker," doing a face-palm was amusing, too.
Much better than the emoji of the same name that some WAY over use...
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:32 PM   #69
Bus Crazy
 
Sleddgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: south east BC, close to the Canadian/US border
Posts: 2,265
Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
Hoping never to be perceived as being in possession of an excess of gravitas, gravity (as a function of mass) and acceleration determine at what rate Time progresses.
Currently scaled in in excess of 16k pounds, I have a respectible mass to work with. However, with it's 175 HP T444E engine, achieving escape velocity becomes problematic. The only probable opportunity of being cited for excessive velocity would be while traversing thru a school zone.
This happens when the ECM assumes complete throttle control. I can't find fault with my bus trying to minimize the opportunity to once again be subjected to having gum-spitting, booger-smearing little beacons of tomorrow on board...
Tangential aside aside, the concept of Time is based on mass and acceleration, but without witness borne, it is merely an interesting mathematical oddity.
Akin to Schroedinger's Cat, no knowledge can be truly gleaned without direct observation. "Is the cat alive?", "Is the cat dead?", "How'd you stuff the cat into that little box without getting your arms raked to shreds?" Its inquiries like these that make science powerful.
Completing the equation; gravity, acceleration, and observation create Time. Time is an intrinsically flawed concept however, due to it's inherently subjective nature, which results from it's observer.
The observed rate at which Time proceeds is an inverse function of activity occurring at any specific Time/Space juncture.
Cruising down the road, heartily partying in the wilds, Time passes with an alarming alacrity.
As you will soon discover, while removing the seats from the bus, the obverse becomes the norm...



And while I respectfully remain dubious that once this event's over the horizon it will break the Universe, I maintain a high confidence level that getting a bus will, at the very least, change your world!
Good navigation, early on in this reality construct crushing course, as you've done, helps ensure you don't blindly fly into a Black Hole of a money pit...
you do realise of course, that the faster you travel in your bus, the slower you will age, barring some catastrophe, when not even Schrodinger's cat will help - lol
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:42 PM   #70
Bus Geek
 
ol trunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 3,013
Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
HM, speaking of time----I want the twenty minutes it took to read your last post---BACK!

Ha, just kidding.
Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:54 PM   #71
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 2,065
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
I believe that was our hostess' point, regarding multiple reverse speeds. By going ever faster backwards, you would actually grow younger!
Come to think of it, if you turn around backwards in a forward moving vehicle, the effect would be the same...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddgracer View Post
you do realise of course, that the faster you travel in your bus, the slower you will age, barring some catastrophe, when not even Schrodinger's cat will help - lol
Sorry, can't help with those 20 minutes, my WAYBAC machine is at the Midas shop.
Tell ya what, tho. I'll send you a coupon for an Evelyn Wood seminar...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ol trunt View Post
HM, speaking of time----I want the twenty minutes it took to read your last post---BACK!

Ha, just kidding.
Jack
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #72
Almost There
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The tops of mountains, the bottoms of valleys, and everywhere in between.
Posts: 82
Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: international
Engine: T444E
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
I believe that was our hostess' point, regarding multiple reverse speeds. By going ever faster backwards, you would actually grow younger!
Come to think of it, if you turn around backwards in a forward moving vehicle, the effect would be the same...Sorry, can't help with those 20 minutes, my WAYBAC machine is at the Midas shop.
Tell ya what, tho. I'll send you a coupon for an Evelyn Wood seminar...
Itís as simple as replacing the f.c.
I know this has made presence on this site before but itís only fitting
https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-capacitor
This piece isnít cheap, so Iím not sure the bus is even worth it if this has to be replaced. Thisíll get you your 20 minutes back as lot as you donít repeat yourself
Thatís why you need 190hp, though this bus Iím looking at has an at545 and a t444e.

The bus I desire has a funny story.
So we arrive to the bus lot and the dealer tells me the fire bus I want is technically sold, but the guy buying it hasnít made the cash transaction yet. Heís his good buddy who happens to sort of be currently living in it. The guy wants to buy it but is taking his time. So I may be able to wielded our from under him if itís truly more desirable

The bus Iíll probably buy as I said has the t444e 190hp at545 32ft Amtran international rear engine with very few quirks. The gas gauge is not accurate and the automatic door toggle needs to be replaced.
As we test drove it the oil/water sensor started to go off. After some checking around we found a loose connection. Currently waiting for them to drive it some more to see if the sensor issue is fixed. They drove it 500miles so far themselves with no sensor issue until now. It happened to vibrate out of place.
Any thoughts?

Thatís the bus that I posted the specs of earlier. The #44.
HenrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:14 PM   #73
Almost There
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The tops of mountains, the bottoms of valleys, and everywhere in between.
Posts: 82
Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: international
Engine: T444E
I cannot say with experience that they are selling good buses. But their character seems genuine, honest, and hard working. They put off welcoming and friendly vibes. As I met the crew it felt as if Iíd known them all along.

He informed us that he tries to pick only the cherries of the lots. He will buy lesser buses, but only for parts. And he doesnít part a good bus. I feel that he has a lot of respect for the buses and the skoolie way of life.

And every bus seemed well picked.

While he was checking the sensor he sent us down the road and bought us some food.
The 76 has great prices, $6 for two subs! The food was fresh!
HenrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:01 PM   #74
Bus Crazy
 
CHEESE_WAGON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,302
Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrysCat View Post
I cannot say with experience that they are selling good buses. But their character seems genuine, honest, and hard working. They put off welcoming and friendly vibes. As I met the crew it felt as if Iíd known them all along.
Sounds good so far, as long as the name isn't Archambault.
__________________

"CHEESE WAGON" <anomaly.va@gmail.com> Suggested reading: (5 threads)
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:06 PM   #75
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 2,065
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Or Rochambeau...
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:19 PM   #76
Bus Crazy
 
CHEESE_WAGON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,302
Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
Or Rochambeau...
Rut-row, Raggy... Dare I ask?
__________________

"CHEESE WAGON" <anomaly.va@gmail.com> Suggested reading: (5 threads)
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #77
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 2,065
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
The name of a game (apocryphal in my experience), where two men in competition for one object, kick one another in the fun sac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON View Post
Rut-row, Raggy... Dare I ask?
The game typically ends with the first recipient of the boot writhing on the ground, and the other fellow saying, "That's OK, you can have it..."
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:36 PM   #78
Bus Crazy
 
CHEESE_WAGON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,302
Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
The name of a game (apocryphal in my experience), where two men in competition for one object, kick one another in the fun sac.The game typically ends with the first recipient of the boot writhing on the ground, and the other fellow saying, "That's OK, you can have it..."
"Have at you!"
Monty Python -Tis But A Scratch.jpg
The Archambault I speak of sold a bus to former member here, around 2008 or so, during my first tenure. The story I relayed earlier of coolant leaking into the trans cooler and contaminating the fluid, frying the trans. The seller's name was Greg, but he had a son that got involved when it got nasty. All either of them had to say was how honorable they were, even though they'd obviously ripped someone off -- Even going so far as to make up stories about inflated parts value for the bus in question. Hence, I hope the seller's name in this case is not Archambault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrysCat View Post
The bus I desire has a funny story.
So we arrive to the bus lot and the dealer tells me the fire bus I want is technically sold, but the guy buying it hasn’t made the cash transaction yet. He’s his good buddy who happens to sort of be currently living in it. The guy wants to buy it but is taking his time. So I may be able to wielded our from under him if it’s truly more desirable
Bah. Friends are friends, but chickens are still $1.00. Cash is king. Go for the gusto! Besides, how many dream buses have you missed out on because your money was slow?

Bus Wars.png
__________________

"CHEESE WAGON" <anomaly.va@gmail.com> Suggested reading: (5 threads)
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:03 PM   #79
Bus Crazy
 
HazMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: E Central Tejas
Posts: 2,065
Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Pushing 45 years since it's theatrical release, and MP and the Holy Grail maintains relevance in these modern times of the Interweb and hover boards.
Whups, my FC must've malfunctioned! Forget anything I may, or may not have said, about hover boards...
__________________
Those who say that it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.
HazMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:50 PM   #80
Bus Crazy
 
CHEESE_WAGON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,302
Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt View Post
Whups, my FC must've malfunctioned! Forget anything I may, or may not have said, about hover boards...
Doc warned Marty... Bringing back the hoverboard from the future disturbed the space-time continuum, and thus changed history by inspiring the mediocre sideways razor scooters we got instead... Damn it Marty... HELLO?! THINK, MCFLY! THINK!
__________________

"CHEESE WAGON" <anomaly.va@gmail.com> Suggested reading: (5 threads)
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×