Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #221
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
at highway cruise where does your oil temp run in relation to your coolant temp? mine seems to run 8-10 degrees hotter than my coolant when im highway cruising.. maybe thats Ok for a large chassis bus...

I do think my LPOP is lower than I like.. though its in line with other 444E's so I should probably just leave it all alone since it works.. other than the small oil leak, I might fix that if I feel like tearing things apart back there..

id thought about putting a melling m208 in... they say it pushes a little more volume.. and at 148k and 8200 hours it could have slightly looser than stock journals and a worn LPOP... my HPOP always has enough and works normally..

-Christopher..

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #222
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Was able to lay down some more paint before the big storm rolled threw almost done, now that it is here i will have time to snoop threw everyone else's build thread finally. it is pretty hard to sand & paint in a track home neighborhood having to worry about all the dust & paint going into the neighboring house but it is getting their.
I used shitty paint on the window frames so i been slowly dremaling it off for a re-dew. I think I'm also going to make a storage compartment in the bottom rear were the yellow is as well.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #223
Bus Nut

cadillackid- i wish could crunch those numbers for you but my bus has been sitting more than driven, only driven on hwgy to bring bus home. i don't have a coolant temp gauge on it yet, i think it maybe in my next purchase tho, next three gauge purches will be the coolant temp, fuel pressure & oil temp.
A wise man once said if it aint broke don't F**k with it. Unless you are like me & toss & turn at night over these things.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:43 PM   #224
Bus Nut

The horn blow's what about the driver.? not this driver but this horn will replace the pathetic horn that pre-exists. If i see you texting, doing hair & make up, getting your helmet polished or just flat out jerkin off while driving, i will get your attention with courtesy beep, but you piss me off i am going to hit you with the big doggs. They are definetly on the way believe me. BEEP BEEP.!! MOFO.!!!

Old 02-20-2017, 08:29 PM   #225
Bus Nut

Giving the neighbors a wake up call, yea i think they hate us cause we cut, weld & grind just about everyday even weekends no peace for your asses, Than i hit'em with this. I am a bad neighbor & i don't care.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:32 PM   #226
Bus Nut

I think i found a use for my old exhaust pipe, maybe a nice side step.?

Old 02-21-2017, 06:11 AM   #227
Bus Nut

Year: 92
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Engine: DTA360 5.9L
Rated Cap: 77
you seem to know your **** pretty well, i like your attitude and your bus name. haha. wish my bus had air so i could get a badass horn like that...
BurlKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:33 AM   #228
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
I LOVE air horns. Put a set on a 1975 BMW bike and they saved my butt more than once. If some squid started into my lane, I'd blast'em with my Fiammi's and by the time they moved out of the way and figured out they weren't about to get slammed by an 18 wheeler...I was gone!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:27 AM   #229
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine16 View Post
cadillackid- i wish could crunch those numbers for you but my bus has been sitting more than driven, only driven on hwgy to bring bus home. i don't have a coolant temp gauge on it yet, i think it maybe in my next purchase tho, next three gauge purches will be the coolant temp, fuel pressure & oil temp.
A wise man once said if it aint broke don't F**k with it. Unless you are like me & toss & turn at night over these things.
fuel pressure you'll have to put on a gauge, oil temp and coolant temp you can read with an ELM device and bluetooth to torque app on a tablet or android phone..

im digging those horns!! I want some on my bus!.. I have an air system already so i should just be able to buy some horns and bolt em up??
-Christopher
Old 02-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #230
Bus Geek

P.S. if your neighbor doesnt like you welding and grinding then tell them you dont like his christmas lights up in feb
-Christopher
Old 02-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #231
Bus Nut

burlking-ha thanks man, i knew nothing going into this project but learned so much, with a ton of redues, but if you get a project done right the first time you might be superman.

tango-i wish i had loud horns on my bike when i had it could have been useful countless time next bike will have them forsure, gotta love them air horns.

cadillackid- i forgot about that amazing little black box i havent had a chance to hook it up yet just been useing dad obd2 for codes untill i move out. If you are like me i enjoy scaring people at any opportunity, so if you are in the crosswalk walking infront of me im going to get you, or sitting at a bus stop or being a pesky protestor. im going to have fun with them & so should you. those christmas light have been up for a few years, lol.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:18 PM   #232
Bus Nut

(scarface voice) Say hello to my lill friends.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:36 PM   #233
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Its about to rain here. Been seein gold caps in Feb!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:14 PM   #234
Almost There

Year: 2005
Coachwork: BLUE BIRD
Engine: FORD 6.0l
Rated Cap: 29
Man your bus is badass. Definitely love the black, those 7.3 oil coolers are completely different than the 6.0L oil coolers. The only time you'll be replacing it is when it starts leaking. Their pretty easy to replace just extremely messy. I'm also planning on paying mine black. How was doing the paint? I've spray painted a few shitty truck before but never anything that I want to look perfect. I'm fixing to start on body work this weekend.
Thurm2590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:51 PM   #235
Bus Nut

thrum2590-Thanks, hopefully mine does not leak anytime soon, would hate to change it. I did a majority of sanding by hand one very very painfull stroke at a time, i think i developed carpool tunnel in my left hand from it, & i still have alot to go.
I paid most attention in the crack's & screws, when ever i felt i was done with a section, i walked away for a few day's after i washed down the section, than went back to sanding same spot to insure i get everything.
I used rustolean flat black spray paint from home depot for the sub-layer & i used a paint roller to cake on Behr interior/exterior gloss black paint from home depot aswell, i already used 1 gallon & working on my 2nd, no doubt their will be a 3rd gallon. The paint & the texture of it feels & look's like rhino lineing, i love it.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:03 AM   #236
Almost There

Year: 2005
Coachwork: BLUE BIRD
Engine: FORD 6.0l
Rated Cap: 29
Can't wait to see the final finish. I'm planning on starting the body work soon and definitely not looking forward to it at all. I have a little sander but think it's gonna be easier to do most of it by hand. Plus I still have a good day of doing some bondo work.
Thurm2590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:28 AM   #237
Bus Nut

I am done modifying & upgrading the engine; i think, who knows i will find something to do to it later on down the road but for now i can finally work on other things.
Platstidiping all that pops off on my dash including both pillars, the dogghouse & the attachment piece that goes on the doghouse. Correction cadillack kid they have not had the x-mas lights up for years but they sure will have them up for years.

Also the protestor rammer, i am going to build for it i already have my protestor draggers on the rear (2 large hooks that the school district already had on for reasons i dont know.)
Old 02-28-2017, 09:36 PM   #238
Bus Nut

Neighbors dog has been of issue since they moved in not too long ago. 120 pound St. Bernard. First incounter that big ol'bitch came running up on me & my boxer, while we were on the front porch walking in the house., about to fight with my dog i sprayed it with a hose.
2nd encounter i was standing outside near the sidewalk, working in my driver side cab with my back to the streets & this big bitch came creeping up behind me got maybe 15ft before owner came to grab it.
3rd. Time dealing with this dog it got out & attacked my little sisters cheeewaawaa, imagine a huge st. Bernard pouncing on a cheewaawwaa.? because my sisters dog is a ghetto street tramp & roams the hood barking at the neighbor she got what she deserved.(no she did not die)
Next time that dog so much as smells a blade of grass on my property i got something for your ass bitch.
I am going to put one on each door of my build.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:12 AM   #239
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: AmTran International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: Navistar 7.6L
I have a super soaker juiced up with skunk oil (used in trapping as an attractant).
Roaming dog/cat gets squirted. No harm no foul but Spot goes ome and the owners get to deal with thier roaming critter.
Maybe they will contain the critter or get sprayed again.
DoubleO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #240
Bus Nut

Double07-skunk oil.? i dont even wanna know how that is acquired, but that reminds me awhile ago i was metal detecting at the lake next to my house & when i was done leaving walking along the sidewalk at night & a skunk was blocking my path & it wouldent move so i tryed moveing it with my metal detector & it started chaseing me in reverse, it was dam funny, scary at the same time.