Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2017, 09:51 PM   #261
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Been driving it every were making sure it is up to par for my up coming Colorado trip, Colorado Springs to be particular for 2 weeks in May, I am excited, so if anyone is in area let me know meet up hangout touch each others buses or what not.
Finally got tires balanced aligned & camber adjust was a lot but I needed it for the trip to Colorado, so I bit the bill & swallowed it whole.

When I get back from my trip, I am buying my shower pan, compost toilet, fresh water tank & wall hugger futon bed. ENJOY..1

Old 04-04-2017, 09:56 PM   #262
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
There's only two months that are nice in the Springs, and May is not one of them. Are you going to do the Pikes Peak run?
Old 04-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #263
Bus Nut

Smile

robin-i am going to visit my buddy who is in the army, he is moveing back to cali, & i never been to Coloreedo, so i dont have to sleep in my rv, if i get a window of oppuortunity i am going to launch my paraglider off of pikes peak.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #264
Bus Geek

That would be so cool. How do you get back to your vehicle after you fly around? Maybe kind of like the river rafters get back to their vehicles after a 20 mile float down the river. I'd love to do that but I'm getting to that age when I don't heal so well. Everybody has those flying dreams once in awhile. Do you wear a parachute while you're hang gliding?

Honestly I'm inclined to want one of those engine powered parachute setups.

I was in the Springs for nearly three years and never went up Pike's Peak. The thought was I'd have something to do when I came back 40 years later.

If you're into spelunking there are some great caves near Cave of the Winds out in Manitou Springs. No ropes necessary, but take two or three flashlights. Lots of antique mining equipment and abandoned mine shafts in the area. Stay out of the mines.

I'm afraid you'll encounter strong wind on top of Pike's Peak unless you're there on a lucky day. I'd love to see you take off from there. Good luck.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:28 PM   #265
Bus Nut

robin- I mostly speedfly, so i will park at the base of a mt. hike up than fly as fast & as low to the mt. as possible, so i just need a small window of opportunity, in twoo weeks i have to get something.? a reserve for me is not necessary since i fly to low to be able to deploy it anywhoo. but when i do fly into the clouds i carry a reserve, hitchhike back seems to be popular with ultralight pilot's.
i want a powered paraglider aswell but i have no room for it on my bus. i have too many hobbies as is.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #266
Bus Geek

Well, that's not as exciting as thinking of you taking off from the top of the mountain. Still pretty cool.

As I remember it the wind blows strongly from west to east most of the time, right over the top of the mountains and out onto the plains. I wasn't happy there because it would be blizzard one day and 80* sun the next day.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:39 PM   #267
Bus Nut

robin-Being up in the clouds for hours can get kinda draggy for me cause im young i like speed & adrenaline. running down off the top of the mountain as fast as you can flying inches above the rocks is pretty dam exciting.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:12 PM   #268
Bus Geek

I'm sure that would be exciting. You certainly should get some speed if you're flying east off that mountain. I guess you don't want to wait for a still day. Try to stay clear of Norad airspace on your way down.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #269
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
ive been in Blizzards in May around the springs...

the weather patterns for may are liking Ridging to the east and troughing to the west on the continent at the moment.. that set up is ripe for a major southern dip in the jet stream west of the mississippi / and into the mountain ranges.. if that comes to fruition you could be looking at driving / flying through some serious snow...

still a few weeks out, but this season has favored that type of pattern (this why arizona has had record heat waves already while its snowing in denver and points west...

-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:49 PM   #270
Bus Nut

I would not mind a little snow i been itchin too try speedriding.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:07 PM   #271
Bus Nut

Year: 1987
Engine: 6.9L Diesel
Hey Dopamine,

I occasionally watch paragliding videos, but try not to too much because they make me sad I haven't pursued this dream yet.

Anyway, today I was watching "Speed Flying PARTY Soboba" and saw your cannabus featured at 0:58!
So I thought I'd drop a link and share the video here.

Keep on keeping on!

I swear some day I will join the club, maybe not "low and fast" speed flying though, ****'s a little too crazy for me.
TAOLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:54 AM   #272
Bus Nut

TAOLIK- Awsome first time seeing this video, that is no doubt my cannabus ha. That is pretty much what i was thinkink when i discovered flying, why didnt i start flying in high school. but i would probably be dead by now with the lack of maturity at that age, which is very important in the sky. But it is one of the greatest inventions on earth so i will see you in the sky's someday.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:51 PM   #273
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Looks like a real kick in the a$$! Never tried the chute thing but used to get a similar low & fast rush in a little Pitts S1A.

Speed is relative and getting close to stationary objects definitely amplifies the speed effect. A couple of hundred mph at 5000 feet is a yawn. In between trees at 25 feet...it's a whole nuther feeling.

Then there is that upside down thing...
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #274
Bus Nut

Tango-that buzzalope is looking killer. It is never to late to try the chute thing, i know someone who is still flying even at 70. in between trees is super funnest untill you catch a wing tip on a branch. has not happend yet tho. did you fly planes.?
Old 04-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #275
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Yeah...I finally found a hobby more expensive than racing motorcycles. Aerobatics were worth it though. It's easy to get hooked on that kind of fun.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:38 PM   #276
Bus Nut

tango- I will never be able to afford fixed wing aerobatics but ultralight, now that is something i will do oneday.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:53 PM   #277
Bus Nut

So i been procrastinating alot latetly just saving up & planning out my 2 week road trip. I just layed alittle bit of electrical, if it wasnt for my dad i would have no clue on what to do. Started on rear compartment box but ran out of bed frame angle

My brother from another mother has very sticky fingers so when they were building a walmart near by he was working on he five fingered alot of stuff for me, i bailed him out of jail long ago & he has been getting me supplies ever since. Best things in life are free. 20lb fire Extinguisher, 7 tubes of silicone, butyle ruber rolls, special metal they were gunna use for their restroom. F**k walmart.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:36 AM   #278
Bus Crazy

When the buses became compartmentalized in 1977 and the full width divan seat in the back of RE buses were eliminated it pretty much took away any desire on my part to fool around in a school bus.

For three years we operated a Greyhound connection. On Fridays I would usually try to run the coach on the run because there was a Job Corps facility that would have a LOT of kids going back to the city. One Friday one of the kids came up to the front because the sounds of passion coming out of the restroom was more than a little annoying.

I suppose those kids considered themselves members of the Mile High Club, ground level edition.

All I know is the restroom on most motorcoaches tend to smell like a Forest Service outhouse. Even when I was the most motivated I doubt I could have stayed up to the challenge with that smell.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:27 AM   #279
Bus Nut

Can't drive 1,100miles & not get in'n'out. Since colreedoh dosent have it.

http://[URL=http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/Mega_Gardner/media/20170506_113658_zpscjzgcegi.jpg.html][/URL]

Got stuck in flaggstaff first night, underestimated the ditch. Will be straping on a high lift jack, a shovel & a winched front bumper forsure. The only thing that snaged me up was my rear protestor draggers & the rear bumper, after diggin for over an hour with rocks, sticks & hands i decided to quit till the morning, started to lay down when the third truck that passed actually stoped in time for me to jump out & ask for a yank, luckily it was a king ranch dually that had a strap. Bad night shot sorry.
http://[URL=http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/Mega_Gardner/media/20170506_203212_zpsnbgadmjq.jpg.html][/URL]
Old 05-11-2017, 10:31 AM   #280
Bus Nut

Gettin sum at the Grand Canyon, i love my roof hatch. But it will get replaced with a fan someday.
http://[URL=http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/Mega_Gardner/media/Screenshot_2017-05-10-11-58-30_zpser5hdoeo.png.html][/URL]