Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-26-2018, 06:19 PM   #521
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 554
Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Finally got a bed spread for the first time in years & finished my dresser for my clothes, it is almost time to move in. One more project done.




__________________
Blue Sky's
dopamine16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:32 PM   #522
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 1,106
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Nice


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:42 PM   #523
Bus Nut
 
Thomas1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Fayetteville Arkansas
Posts: 419
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: GMC G3500 Vandura
Engine: V-8 5.7L Gas
Looking pretty slick. Did you say that you didn't do any insulation and had a hard time around Colorado?
Thomas1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:31 PM   #524
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 554
Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
Nice


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know you are but what am i.? 😄
__________________
Blue Sky's
dopamine16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:34 PM   #525
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 554
Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas1985 View Post
Looking pretty slick. Did you say that you didn't do any insulation and had a hard time around Colorado?
I have put in insulation since colorado but had zero while i was out their,
I was turtleing pretty bad.
__________________
Blue Sky's
dopamine16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:42 PM   #526
Bus Nut
 
Thomas1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Fayetteville Arkansas
Posts: 419
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: GMC G3500 Vandura
Engine: V-8 5.7L Gas
Right on. I'm glad you put some in. Being comfortable is tricky in these things. Are you making any plans for heat and air while camping? I can't decide if I want to get a window unit and use my generator or get a roof mounted one. I kind of like the idea of a complete roof deck for shade.
Thomas1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:20 PM   #527
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 554
Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas1985 View Post
Right on. I'm glad you put some in. Being comfortable is tricky in these things. Are you making any plans for heat and air while camping? I can't decide if I want to get a window unit and use my generator or get a roof mounted one. I kind of like the idea of a complete roof deck for shade.
yea thanks i havent had a good night sleep in it yet,
i am savei g up for a coleman mach 8 9200btu roof top unit. i plan on rinning it off a honda/yamaha 2000i generator. they make pretty small window units that i think alot of people seem to be enjoying with a generator.
__________________
Blue Sky's
dopamine16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #528
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 1,106
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine16 View Post
I know you are but what am i.?


You know I sing songed that as I read it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:53 PM   #529
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 554
Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
You know I sing songed that as I read it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol...!! sorry i havent used that line in years so i couldent resist. I enjoy whatching pee-wee herman still.
__________________
Blue Sky's
dopamine16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:07 PM   #530
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 554
Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Unhappy

The police pulled me over for the first time tonight in cannabus, The reason.?? He wanted to check it out. like' em or hate them cops are just people like you & i, he was awsome, was excited to see it, I gave him a full tour on the side of the road while talking about national parks & camping. With out a doubt the best police encounter i ever had.

Old picture from highway patrol inspection.
__________________
Blue Sky's
dopamine16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:12 PM   #531
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine16 View Post
The police pulled me over for the first time tonight in cannabus, The reason.?? He wanted to check it out. like' em or hate them cops are just people like you & i, he was awsome, was excited to see it, I gave him a full tour on the side of the road while talking about national parks & camping. With out a doubt the best police encounter i ever had.

Old picture from highway patrol inspection.
Gross abuse of power by the cop.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:27 PM   #532
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 554
Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Gross abuse of power by the cop.
As long as im on their good side everything is all good. Another funny police time was when 3 cops showed up to deal with my out of control neighbor they didnt know i was working inside the bus but they were standing in front of it talking about it while dealing with the neighbor, it had me laughing for sure.
__________________
Blue Sky's
dopamine16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:08 AM   #533
Traveling
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,573
Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Hey, man- bus is coming along nicely.

I don't want to harsh your mellow, but I noticed you used the braided pvc for airlines-- not a huge fan of that hose in that secondary air application. You also mentioned raising your air pressure even higher...

It's borderline rated for the pressures you want to use to control your suspension. There is working pressure, and then there are safety factors.

And then there is the hose clamps and barbs...You might get by, you might not. Temperature cycles and pulses, etc. Working temperature of that hose is only 125 degrees F

Go with some Parker hose and fittings to be safe - they can be pricey, but ebay has some deals.

hose.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 11.52.49 PM.png


....I did read air bags here somewhere...right? not just the horn? I hope...
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:13 PM   #534
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 554
Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Hey, man- bus is coming along nicely.

I don't want to harsh your mellow, but I noticed you used the braided pvc for airlines-- not a huge fan of that hose in that secondary air application. You also mentioned raising your air pressure even higher...

It's borderline rated for the pressures you want to use to control your suspension. There is working pressure, and then there are safety factors.

And then there is the hose clamps and barbs...You might get by, you might not. Temperature cycles and pulses, etc. Working temperature of that hose is only 125 degrees F

Go with some Parker hose and fittings to be safe - they can be pricey, but ebay has some deals.

Attachment 18865

Attachment 18864


....I did read air bags here somewhere...right? not just the horn? I hope...
I wont be installing my airbag suspension im gunna sell them for cheap & cut my losses on those,
the hose tubing is braided pvc i got it cause it is rated for 225psi not sure the temp range didnt even come to mind, my pressure sensor shuts off at 200psi. chasing a bunch of air leaks.?, you bet. i do have a very small leak after i chased abunch from the bard/hose connecting point so yes i will be changing over the lines, not too bad of a job now that i got everything in place & have all the lines lenths.
__________________
Blue Sky's
dopamine16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:35 PM   #535
Traveling
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,573
Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine16 View Post
I wont be installing my airbag suspension im gunna sell them for cheap & cut my losses on those,
the hose tubing is braided pvc i got it cause it is rated for 225psi not sure the temp range didnt even come to mind, my pressure sensor shuts off at 200psi. chasing a bunch of air leaks.?, you bet. i do have a very small leak after i chased abunch from the bard/hose connecting point so yes i will be changing over the lines, not too bad of a job now that i got everything in place & have all the lines lenths.
...yeah, I hate being "that guy".

Actually, the proper fittings and hose are much, much easier to use.

Hose clamps are all crap these days, I go to ebay for NOS ones made in 'Murica.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:43 PM   #536
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 554
Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Well someone has to be that guy, how else are we supose to learn.? just dont be that guy like my dad & call me a worthless piece of s**t everytime i ask for help cause i dont know as much as you.

So you suggest i search ebay for NOS hose & fittings.?
__________________
Blue Sky's
dopamine16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #537
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 14,903
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I bought braided steel airlines when I added my Air dryer... past the tanks I thyink you can use the nbyloin. air brake line... you arent compressing at that point so heat isn t a concern like on the inlet side of the tank..

why no bags? too hard to mod the suspension for them?
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:57 PM   #538
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 554
Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I bought braided steel airlines when I added my Air dryer... past the tanks I thyink you can use the nbyloin. air brake line... you arent compressing at that point so heat isn t a concern like on the inlet side of the tank..

why no bags? too hard to mod the suspension for them?
-Christopher
I might just go down to the "hose guy"shop & have him make me some steal braid crimped hose or something similiar.
I do want to install them & there isnt any modifying at all just a couple holes in the frame, it is just my dad this whole project isnt my headache my dad is my biggest headace. Everytime i want to install them or do anything for that matter he talks me out of it & tells me im wasting my time & that they will be pointless & just goes on & on, so im really just had enough. the more i have to do to my bus the longer i have to stay here with him cant do it anymore.. sorry kinda venting alittle
__________________
Blue Sky's
dopamine16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:29 PM   #539
Traveling
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,573
Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine16 View Post
I might just go down to the "hose guy"shop & have him make me some steal braid crimped hose or something similiar.
I do want to install them & there isnt any modifying at all just a couple holes in the frame, it is just my dad this whole project isnt my headache my dad is my biggest headace. Everytime i want to install them or do anything for that matter he talks me out of it & tells me im wasting my time & that they will be pointless & just goes on & on, so im really just had enough. the more i have to do to my bus the longer i have to stay here with him cant do it anymore.. sorry kinda venting alittle
It's cool. Family. At least they try to help a bit. It is easy to get overwhelmed by the details. It takes time.

It doesn't need to be steel braided. Ebay is a great source for the fittings & tubing. I like to stick with a single brand for ease.

fittings

Tubing

info on the products

more info

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #540
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 14,903
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine16 View Post
I might just go down to the "hose guy"shop & have him make me some steal braid crimped hose or something similiar.
I do want to install them & there isnt any modifying at all just a couple holes in the frame, it is just my dad this whole project isnt my headache my dad is my biggest headace. Everytime i want to install them or do anything for that matter he talks me out of it & tells me im wasting my time & that they will be pointless & just goes on & on, so im really just had enough. the more i have to do to my bus the longer i have to stay here with him cant do it anymore.. sorry kinda venting alittle
you can also make sir lines out of steel braided hose and AN fittings. the fittings are a bit of a PITA to put on. but they will hold well more than the pressures you are dealing with in air..

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...erms-_-keyword

I cant help too much with the family thing.. my dad was the one who FORBID me to ever own a school bus since "Normal" people dont drive around in old school busses... life now - I have 2 busses and a father I dont speak to.. so I didnt do very well i nthe family aspect..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.