Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2016, 09:49 PM   #101
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
http://[URL=http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/Mega_Gardner/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161016_175428_zpsi3c61se3.jpg.html][/URL]

The dreaded oil pan gasket i knew it from the start i should have done it first thing. Dam i am really kickin myself right meow. Droppin the trannsvesss....tranny. & jackin aaawww...up the engine. Wellll on the bright side if something ever goes wrong in the future i will be very confident in fixing it. I feel like a dam tweeker tho, jumping all over the place on my bus, i start to do this than i jump over to do that. I can't be the only one right.? F**k Me.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:50 PM   #102
Bus Nut

I havent been doing to much been a little lazy mostly waiting for my new oil pan to come in, finally did. I would much rather pay $200 for a pan & gasket & do it over a few weeks, rather than 2k for someone else to do in a couple days. I dont know what else i can do i have done just about everything i can do to my bus besides change glow plugs. ithttp://

http://[URL=http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/Mega_Gardner/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161025_163416_zpsyq4kb4o7.jpg.html][/URL]

http://[URL=http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/Mega_Gardner/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161025_163609_zps9jynjvqs.jpg.html][/URL].
Old 10-25-2016, 08:39 PM   #103
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Mmmmmmm...pretty! And is that a crotch rocket in your pocket, or...
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:51 PM   #104
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Mmmmmmm...pretty! And is that a crotch rocket in your pocket, or...
Their are indeed two large crotch rockets in their, ( 2) fJR1300's. Both are rideing to sturgis 2017. Me & the pop's.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:40 AM   #105
Bus Geek

Nice rides. I'm an old YammerHammer guy myself. But I still prefer the two strokes that the Feds and the AMA basically banned. Rode F1, F2 and several Cafe classes for a number of years on a homebuilt 373cc that started life as an RD street bike. Scary little thing it was.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:19 PM   #106
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Quote:
Nice rides. I'm an old YammerHammer guy myself. But I still prefer the two strokes that the Feds and the AMA basically banned. Rode F1, F2 and several Cafe classes for a number of years on a homebuilt 373cc that started life as an RD street bike. Scary little thing it was.
I'm still kicking myself for not picking up some RD's and an RZ back when I was in Moto school. They used to be CHEAP.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:58 PM   #107
Bus Nut

Quote:
Maybe ama will bring back two strokes now that they are fuel injected.? i like cafe racers the guy i work for has a bike that is a good candidate for cafe overhaul. Im more of an enduro kinda guy, my dad is the street bike guy. i have a goal of oneday doing a baja 250 race than maybe oneday work up to the big bad 1000.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:02 PM   #108
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: Your mom +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I'm still kicking myself for not picking up some RD's and an RZ back when I was in Moto school. They used to be CHEAP.
my dad has told me similar stories about barns full of harleys in the 60s... he's still kicking himself. Apparently they used to pretty much give 'em away...
slaughridge85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:16 PM   #109
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughridge85 View Post
my dad has told me similar stories about barns full of harleys in the 60s... he's still kicking himself. Apparently they used to pretty much give 'em away...
Until the mid-90's you had to REALLY want to ride a Harley to own one. Only the "real" bikers were messing with em much.
THen the doctors and lawyers started buying them. Now they're the Buicks of the motorcycle world. Geriatric, far from their roots, and mostly plastic from China.
I'd love to have old ww2 era flatheads piled in a barn, though! Maybe a few early Duo-Glides.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:22 PM   #110
Bus Geek

I've only ridden one enduro in my life but I spent about a dozen years at motocross. Did ride a couple of ISDT qualifiers held at Fort Hood back in the '70's though. Best part was, since I rode a Husqvarna, I wound up pitting with Malcolm Smith and his riding buddy...Harvey Mushman. Very cool times.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:27 PM   #111
Bus Nut

Their was a fairly decent three day T.v series about Harly & the davidsons, forgot what network it was on but it seems like they had a some really fun times.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:41 PM   #112
Bus Nut

Quote:
I've only ridden one enduro in my life but I spent about a dozen years at motocross. Did ride a couple of ISDT qualifiers held at Fort Hood back in the '70's though. Best part was, since I rode a Husqvarna, I wound up pitting with Malcolm Smith and his riding buddy...Harvey Mushman. Very cool times.

If i had a street bike at the time of my accident, I probably would have far worse, long term damage or dead, can't control myself with power & speed on streets. The 70's & 80's were probably far better times, not as many big company's , rules & regulations.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #113
Bus Geek

Just possibly the greatest threat to cyclists these days is...cell phones in the hands of door slammers.

I managed my "need for speed" by letting it all out on the race track. Too many X factors on the streets to survive that much fun for long.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:37 AM   #114
Bus Nut

Quote:
Just possibly the greatest threat to cyclists these days is...cell phones in the hands of door slammers.
No kidding. I almost got crunched yesterday because some dipshiat in a mini van was too busy on her phone to check her mirrors before flooring the acclerator to back out of a parking spot... Luckily I was able to end up in the oncoming lane(which was free of traffic thank god) and the lady in the civic behind me got a nice dodge caravan bumper in her grill though... The entire time the lady in the minivan didn't put down her phone just had a terrified look on her face... Used to just be drunks and 109 year olds who were the most dangerous... now its everybody.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:48 AM   #115
Bus Geek

In something like 18 years of racing scooters I only knew one person who got killed on the track. In that same time I knew three who were killed and about a half-dozen more who were paralyzed or permanently crippled while riding on the street.

And the racer who was killed at Elkhart died only because of an idiot call made by an AMA track official.

Have fun...but be careful out there.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:19 AM   #116
Bus Geek

Quote:

I managed my "need for speed" by letting it all out on the race track. Too many X factors on the streets to survive that much fun for long.
This is why I now get my two wheeled jollies from mopeds. They're much more survivable in that you are rarely exceeding 40 mph and they're super nimble. Living in a small town without a ton of traffic helps, too.
I got hit once on a 250 back in the day by a drunk school teacher. School had JUST let out, so I'm sure she'd been drinking on the job. Cops ignored me and didn't even give her a breathalyzer or anything.
My ZRX1200 was fun, but where can one REALLY enjoy that kind of power? I got pulled over way too much on that thing. It being red and all didn't help.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:11 PM   #117
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
My ZRX1200 was fun, but where can one REALLY enjoy that kind of power? I got pulled over way too much on that thing. It being red and all didn't help.
That's why my larger bikes are mostly flat black and I have blackout switches for all lights and signals... If they can't see ya, they can't catch ya... Course that only works at night...
Old 10-27-2016, 12:28 PM   #118
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughridge85 View Post
That's why my larger bikes are mostly flat black and I have blackout switches for all lights and signals... If they can't see ya, they can't catch ya... Course that only works at night...
You're crazier than me, man! I got pulled over doing 140 once. They let me go without even a ticket, since "everyone else just runs, man, thanks for stopping". Never did get a ticket on it, but couldn't keep that bike under 100. Just had to hear that Muzzy megaphone with full race baffle opened up!
My rex made 138 rwhp. And a ton of torque.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:21 PM   #119
Bus Nut

My sisters boyfriend just got a street bike r6, hasent had it five month's, he got two tickets over 100 pulled his liscense. he traded bikes with his best friend for a few day's he ran from the cop's & got away but than got back on same freeway like an idiot only to find helicopter on his ass. He caught a felony & got bike towed. People on cell phones & women doing make up iswhat i see the most when i do ride.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:00 PM   #120
Bus Geek

Back in my Central Road Racing Club days, a local kid who rode a factory Yamaha TZ750 decided that since it was a Saturday before a race, and he lived out in the country, he would check his main jetting on the local farm to market road in front of his dad's farm. Warmed it up with a couple of "slow" passes (150 or so)...then tucked in and twisted it up well over 200...passing a Highway Patrol car coming the other way. He said he braked it hard and pulled over waiting for the cop to come back since there were no side roads, but after 20 or 30 minutes he never did so he cranked it back up, turned around and headed back to the farm the way he came thinking he got away clean. When he crested the last little hill, there was the Patrol car...and his dad's truck, both parked at the entrance to their farm.

He said he was grateful not to get banned from racing by his dad, but that working off the rather large fine by cleaning the local Sheriff's hog pens for six months gave him a whole new appreciation of the law and highway safety.