Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2019, 07:28 PM   #701
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
My 3rd & final light fixture for the restroom. These are by far the easyiest thing i made for the rv. Quick & simple, when your not feeling lazy....this small little one is for the restroom. The length is up to you but depth is 3-1/2 & 3inches tall you do need a small 1/2 or so on the rear bottom to make it sit level, no big deal... lights were purchased threw "superbrightled.com" aslo used a 2-1/8 holesaw

Old 06-25-2019, 07:42 PM   #702
Bus Nut

Random view from my window while sitting on my couch. I get to look down on the park. I enjoy being "King of the Hill."

Old 12-02-2019, 10:47 PM   #703
Bus Nut

It's has been a while but an update.
It's been busy trying to juggle time between the bus build. Rebuilding my Subaru engine, my girlfriend , work & fun.
Slowly but surely.

I am coming up on my 1 year anibusery of me living in the bus full time.
I finally got my solar, battery & electrical compartment all done & working. All my lights, outlets & fridge are now running off propane & solar. Gonna but cabinets above the kitchen & above my bed. Will have 7 total cabinet lift doors.
Added some wall paper hopefully it stays.

Ill get more asap.. have a great day or night.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:34 AM   #704
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Been wonderin where ya went!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:55 PM   #705
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine16 View Post

Ill get more asap.. have a great day or night.
6 months is too long between updates.

Where'd you get the paraglider pillows? Or are they custom?

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:46 PM   #706
Bus Nut

***ECCB. I apologise, I know Im sorry im gunna keep everyone updated till the END of the build.

***PLFKING. Their is a website called Society6 it's a great website just type in paraglide & they pop up, of course you can look for what ever you are interests.

Here is what I refer to as my cheese box. My dad is the one who put all this together. It looks like alittle rats nest but I just have to ziptie a few wires & it will look clean again. This is all under my futon bed. The selector switch switches the flow of power between shore, generator & solar. I have all three options.

I'm in a rush to get this project done now, since the paraglide club I stay at full time is under new ownership, & they want everyone out the July & August months so they can travel & get away from the heat. So I'm crunching now.

Old 12-03-2019, 10:54 PM   #707
Bus Nut

My only rule is no greasy foods cooked inside such as bacon, sausages & definitely no deep fried Twinkies.

Old 12-07-2019, 10:43 PM   #708
Bus Nut

I'm super thankful I did not complete this build before we met. Now we can enjoy building it together. Doing some sewing for the curtains.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:53 PM   #709
Bus Nut

I had enough of my emergency roof hatch. It is nothing but problems. I thought it would be nice to keep it to sit on top of the bus on some sunsets but the dam thing is useless. It is Soo much easier to just climb up over the hood since I have a step on my front bumper.

& Some molding was done for cabinets above kitchen. New rules were I stay due to new management.. This project will be done before next summer cause my landlord wants everyone to leave & shut down the flight park July & August. Sooo crunch time. Luckily not much left to do.

Old 12-12-2019, 12:21 AM   #710
Bus Crazy

Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine16 View Post

***PLFKING. Their is a website called Society6 it's a great website just type in paraglide & they pop up, of course you can look for what ever you are interests.
Thanks for the link! There is a TON of cool s*** on there.

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:44 AM   #711
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
You're gonna love that vent fan.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 06:46 PM   #712
Bus Nut

ECCB I have no doubt the fan & a/c combo will be an amazing addition for the summer months.

Finally one side near completion. Found the "how to's" for the other side to go smoother. Just minor tweeting & glueing & finished. Gunna try for school is palooza next year.
Sorry for the mess I feel like cleaning for a picture leaves out the true nature of a project. "An organized chaotic mess"

Old 02-09-2020, 08:37 AM   #713
Bus Nut

I'm sitting here abroad with nothing much to do for a few months so I've been going through your old posts since about 2017/2018.

- First, those are some nice culinary specimen samples you picked up
- Is your airhorn too muffled being under the bus? What decibel is it rated?
- How did your inspection go down with the DMV? Like what did they check, what were they most concerned about, seatbelts, etc...
- Why didn't you install the air suspension? Were you going to do it yourself, or have a shop do it for you? My passenger seats are in the back, and the ride is awful, so I'm trying to scope out solutions

- Your artwork for your tabletops/etc are sick... my wife suggested something like that for us, but I was opposed until I saw your work. Do you just cut to fit, then epoxy it on the surface? Would you do anything different now?
TheArgobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:46 AM   #714
Bus Nut

.TheArgobus - Thanks glad you are enjoying the thread. I actually still have the culinary specimens, I'm Gunna build a terrarium for inside the bus to grow them. But that will be the final project for when everything else is done for a celebration 🎉....I'll definitely keep updating when I can.

-- The air horns underneath are still super loud they are rated for 172 db. I don't think they are legal to have so mounting anywhere else probably isn't recommend, But I drilled out the holes to hopefully send more air threw to make them louder, I also got a pressure regulator to adjust noise level as needed. I unfortunately have not been able to test it out other than the time I installed it. I used the wrong hoses & fittings so it's been on the back burner for now.

--The DMV, the highway patrol, smog stations have been nothing but a nightmare for me. I can't tell you how many times I've been back and forth between the three. I never in my life have been more frustrated about anything ever, this takes the complete cake. Half of it is my fault for modifying it so dam much. ( It still isn't registered or insured...)
I didn't get it inspected by the DMV cause my dumbass took the VIN # off the door ( DONT EVER EVER EVER DO THAT......). . So they flagged me to the highway patrol. It took a few trips but highway patrol passed me finally. Than the smog station failed me cause the obd2 sensors we're not cycling. So I haven't been back yet, gunna go within the next few weeks tho.

I didn't install the air ride cause my dad said it was stupid & pointless, I was living with him at the time & usually he knows more than I do. I was Gunna do it myself I still have them & I'm guuna eventually put them in cause you know why the hell not....
As far as the countertop art I just found a poster that I like & ordered a custom size & fit for the kitchen. It definitely is not easy on a large size like that, I wish I had another person to help me do the pour, I messed up by not mixing two epoxy kits together in one batch instead of two separate pours. The dresser was easy cause of the smaller size, one pour covered it all.
This project sure has been a real experience. Their is only two things I would have done differently now out of all I have done. Wich is pretty bizzare, cause everything was a life lesson regardless. Those two things would be
** #1 DO NOT TAKE OFF THE VIN NUMBER OFF YOUR DOOR. I did it to paint it. Do NOT DO IT. it is a nightmare.....
#2 do not thow away your stock air intake if you live in California & are modifying your bus. You will need it for smog.

I will say.. the full time bus life has been one of the best decision I ever made... I hope I answered all your questions enjoy your stay abroad. If anything else comes up for question don't hesitate, I didn't spend years wrenching on my bus for me to just hoard info.
✌️
Old 02-20-2020, 01:09 AM   #715
Bus Nut

A night shot with the worst phone I ever had in my life.

Old 02-20-2020, 01:18 AM   #716
Bus Nut

Got one wall near complete. Pretty exciting. I enjoy burning an Alpine scented candle and stare at this large poster.

Old 03-08-2020, 03:00 AM   #717
Bus Nut

Never in my life did I think I would put a t.v in my bus, but their it is, can't say I'll ever use it but it is their. It's a slow process but chugging along.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:03 AM   #718
Bus Nut

I'm sure we all have that one item that you knew you just had to have inside your bus when planning & designing it from the start. This toaster oven was my one item, the ninja foodie oven is a game changer for sure. Took me years to find the one I wanted but when I did I cooked myself a dam whole pizza to celebrate..
It's an 1800 watt oven so it will only be run under generator or shore power. Took 20 minutes for the pizza to cook.

It fits perfectly above my fridge. So when it stops raining I'll Mount it permanent. So I can finally finish my last wall, my sock & undies Drawer & my closet all go in between my TV wall & my fridge. As soon as it stops raining.

Old 03-17-2020, 12:33 PM   #719
Bus Nut

Year: 2007
Chassis: Collins
Engine: 6.6L LMM Duramax
I might have to buy one of those for our bus! We don't have a oven- only stove top, so this might be a good idea for us!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-17-2020, 12:52 PM   #720
Bus Crazy

Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
mmmm pizza, you bugger! Hope you are getting some flying time in, been a while since last hearing of you. Life seems really good, congrats!

John